Suggestions for Gimabl/Landing Gear (UK)

mpilot

Looking for a failry low cost (Sub £100) gimbal and landing gear for a F450.

Any tried and tested suggestions?

Bowley

You're narrowing your choices a little, maybe your best bet would be the Aeroxcraft gopro mount, there is one for sale on the forum.
otherwise you could have a look at the copterframes TwoDee v1/v2.
i got some XA style landing gear including load rails for much cheapness. I have to dash nut I'll find the link and post it here in a while.

Razzil

I ended up purchasing the CM102 2-Axis Carbon Fiber Gimbal from RCTimer.com for $60
as well as $20 worth of Landing Gear from Foxtechfpv.com
(you could use any XAircraft type gimabl/camera mount)

I used to always break my carbon fiber landing gear on my Droidworx CX4.
If anything breaks now, I'm out a $1.50 .. that being said .. being a noob, I'm not as bad now.
now that I got a cheap solution .. I haven't broken anything. go figure !!

What I ended up doing to mount the XAircraft type landing gear with rails was, I went and purchased what I needed, then sized up the correct spacing and attached it to the Droidworx AD series battery mount plate. Then attached that to the CX landing gear mount assembly.

I like the end solution better then the orginial.

View attachment 6296View attachment 6297

It comes apart easily ... and takes up less space transporting.
In the close-up .. I shortened the rails to keep it tiddy.
I'll need to use longer ones to mount the camera mount due to my battery location.

Attachments

• LandingGear01.jpg
    LandingGear01.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 315
  • LandingGear02.jpg
    LandingGear02.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 347
Last edited by a moderator:

Emowillcox

Razzil that is the set up I'm using cheap and works. I just started using it a couple of weeks ago did some photos. I have not tried to shoot any video yet.

Razzil

Yea, anything over 2.4kg and you tend to get a little flex in the legs. I'm around 2.2kg. It's great though as they take the not so perfect landings pretty good. Flex and or pop a skid off sometimes.

The RCTimer gimbal is nice, but I don't like the connector rods and linkage. I have some connector rods with ball joints ordered along with some different servo connections. Like what are in the one (a944734) posted.

a944734

I like this but I dont like the way the frame is in shot on the gopro footage.
Neither do I - I shot that on purpose in 720 wide so the movement of the frame could be seen :tennis:
Normally I use hi-res middle or narrow mode, then it is not visible..

CopterCop

Looks good. What's the diameter and spacing on the CF supports? I'm wondering if this landing gear would fit a bumblebee - it looks better than the BB CF one, and the BB already has the support rods - if they're the same...