SteadiDrone QU4D - Foldable GoPro 3 Quadcopter!

tjm5837

Nice product! I like the full RTF specs, but I didn't see anything on what radio you are supplying with it?

They use the Orange RC T six from Hobby King. Which really surprises me, since they used to use Spektrum. So I noticed the price increased by $100 and they switched to a $60 tx and a $6 rx. Makes me wonder where they get the ESCs and motors and other major components from. I was initially considering one but think I will wait for now to see what the verdict is on these.

dr427

Trying to figure it out!
I really dig the design and gopro mount, but do wish it had the NAZA-M w/ gps. I've really been eyeing the Turbo Ace x830 and now this shows up.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
They use the Orange RC T six from Hobby King. Which really surprises me, since they used to use Spektrum. So I noticed the price increased by $100 and they switched to a $60 tx and a $6 rx. Makes me wonder where they get the ESCs and motors and other major components from. I was initially considering one but think I will wait for now to see what the verdict is on these.

Honestly, I think that's an upgrade. I wouldn't use a Spektrum system if you gave it to me.

The display you present for us is inspiring and very professional.Certain two facts in this video shows unequivocally the best we have all had.Top quality completely prepared to fly collapsable quadcopter.I also have one of its promo video in my PC,where the quad is flying around that fast and dynamic.
I will be next time post here.

Brugamer

Duran the designer of this quad is super helpful in the facebook group. He answers questions everyday almost. Plus they just released a gimbal as well. http://www.steadidrone.com/ Check out the gimbal they have put out pre-order started today on it. And $495 for a carbon fiber gimbal is not a bad price either.

Meeware

Just got ours delivered- a great unboxing was had by all! One thing though- not all the motors look absolutely 'true' on the arms, and one of them is at least a degree or two 'round' the arm. Is this an issue? I ask as the manual shows no specific procedures to align the motors on the arms, and yet I would have thought this has to add some rotational torque to the aircraft in flight.

Brugamer

Just got ours delivered- a great unboxing was had by all! One thing though- not all the motors look absolutely 'true' on the arms, and one of them is at least a degree or two 'round' the arm. Is this an issue? I ask as the manual shows no specific procedures to align the motors on the arms, and yet I would have thought this has to add some rotational torque to the aircraft in flight.
check here for the best help the designer is always here and helping Duran https://www.facebook.com/groups/283605021770387/

Meeware

Thanks, i've put in a request to join. Bit odd to be using facebook for 1st line support! Not entirely sure that facebook's terms of service are cool with that. Hope so- it would be annoying to say the least if the support channel got pulled.

Dewster

I'm watching apm fly first hand and just don't agree with it beeing the best out there..... no way. The movie footage from onboard shows the apm wobbling around in your own flick non stop, then words next to it saying smooth.... from the dude that says it's the best out there. You can lie to the fans, but not the players....still fun flick, the proximity flying is what made it

Lol. I like that. "You can lie to the fans, but not the players."

I never heard of this platform, but I like the foldable quad. This is what we will see more of.

dazzab

I'm watching apm fly first hand and just don't agree with it beeing the best out there..... no way. The movie footage from onboard shows the apm wobbling around in your own flick non stop, then words next to it saying smooth.... from the dude that says it's the best out there. You can lie to the fans, but not the players....still fun flick, the proximity flying is what made it

Well, we will see. As you say the proof is in the flying. I have a strong feeling that the APM is going to surprise a lot of people. It's advancing very quickly and is extremely sophisticated. My opinion may not be relevant though as I don't have any experience with commercial flight controllers other than watching others use them. I refuse to pay someone $500 just to unlock features that are already in the code. IMHO that's simply monopolistic exploitation of your customers. I have no issue with businesses running their business any way the like but I'm certainly glad there are other choices out there. One thing for sure, it's interesting times and things are changing very quickly.

ChrisViperM

You guys really rock....I will be in Cape Town from August on.....looks like first thing to do is going to Knysna. Get the beer cold, I'll bring the braaivleis :tennis:

Chris

DDuncan

Bumping this thread. I'm interested in using this as a shooting platform, seems viable if depending on production quality. Whatdo you guys think?

ChrisViperM

Bumping this thread. I'm interested in using this as a shooting platform, seems viable if depending on production quality. Whatdo you guys think?

It's like with any RC stuff....buying and trying. But the Steadydrone stuff looks like you don't take too much risk.....and they are willing to help you.

Chris