SteadiDrone QU4D - Foldable GoPro 3 Quadcopter!

plingboot

i do prefer to buy and know 'whatever' is going to be in the post within a day or so, but there seems to be a wait of between 1 and 4 weeks for a frame only kit.

UK dealer quoted 4 weeks; order, pay, wait. They order from SA as and when they receive orders, so i can't see a reason for going that route.

SteadiDrone central in SA quoted between 1 and 3 weeks, again, order, pay, wait.

Duran at SteadiDrone is however prompt with responses to emails and the QU4D platform does have a shed load of pluses IMHO so i will be getting one sooner or later, but at this moment in time the seem to have a back-log of orders, so i'm going to wait until they have free stock waiting to ship.

Meeware

The Quad is set up for a go-pro out of the box, and if a fixed, roll stablised go-pro suits then it could be a useful platform.

Brugamer

This was posted today on their facebook group by Duran. 9 new employees full time to speed things along.
ome quick notes on questions and commemts we've been getting, for you ghuys who may be wondering:

The latest motor mount kits include an extra carbon plate, for tilting the motor inwards, this is only a change in how we tilt the motor, the previous motor mounts have higher spaced red brackets, so no we sid not forget to send them.

Inner mount breaking, we've realized this is a weakness and have made changes in the parts to make them much stronger, also when building your kit, do not overtighten the inner mount screws, hotglue helps the mount grio the tube well.

Brusless gimbal - our first batch of gimbals (50) units have pretty much been sold out ( no we did not take any money, simple a booking) and will be available within the next two weeks if all goes to plan, VERY exciting!

Other than that, we've now more than doubled our workshop/office/production space, are now 9 full time staff, production is moving well and lead times will shorten every day.

Thanks for the support and your orders, we do our best to make you all happy and apreciate every comment and feedback, happy flying!