starting a new build

willie56

just received all the parts for a thunder s550 , started to put the frame together, now i am the point of calibrating the throttle limits on the esc's, but now I have a question . I am using afro 30 amp esc's that are supposed to have simonK firmware in them, the question is, after the throttle limits have been set, do i have to program these esc's with a card programer, or is that what the simonk firmware does, Also the other components of the hex are, motors- dji quantum 2816 supposed to handle up to 24 amp and turn at 880k
controller- naza m2v gps combo
radio- taranis plus with a x8r receiver
batteries are 3300 man 4cell 50c going to set up dual system
Its my first build, so id like to get it right thxs

F

fengshuidrone

You shouldn't have to do anything after throttle calibrating.

willie56

k, thanks for that quick response, I have just finished that step, all 6 esc's seam to come alive at the same point just below the first indeed on the throttle stick, so all appears to be ok to this point, moving along to next step, the esc's came with bec, so need to pull the power lead out, red centre wire, and then mount to frame plate,they also came supplied with bullets on the batt side, so will be cutting those off as well. thanks that was the answer I was looking for.