Mikrokopter Spektrum diversity board & FC2.1ME

Macsgrafs

Right I seem to have hit a problem....my German is NONE existent so Im winging this a bit, I could be barking up the wrong tree but if anyone out there has a bit of a grasp on the German language or knows about the diversity boards then you're my man ;)
You can see there is a folder called "Spektrum-Diversity" & it has the parts list+cct diagram etc..but also is some software....does this mean the firmware on my FC board needs modding to get this to work correctly?

There is also a mod for a DX7 to get 12 channels!!!!!!

http://svn.mikrokopter.de/listing.p...Diversity/&#Ae8f0009e00840e947e481bad6655f470

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

plingboot

same here, i have a couple of the diversity boards (one is up for grabs) and it's just a case of plugging in and binding. the bind process can appear to be tricky, but once done it's fine. can explain in more detail if required.

Macsgrafs

I have bound it fine, its just that some things were not working. Turns out I have 2 duff motors, probably caused by my cutting the shafts down!!!
I was having serious problems getting the channels to go mid way on the green indicators & when I could get them centralised...the end movements were all wrong!

Thanks guys

Ross

plingboot

umm, that sound like you 'might' have the wrong spektrum mode selected in MKTool.

i'm not in front of my hexa now, but i do remember that one spektrum setting had channels jumping all over the place, but another had the 4 control channels looking pretty close to correct.

i also see to remember that the way you initially bind the satellites - what spektrum rx you use - an effect on which spektrum setting you use in MKTool.

there's a dull back story to this involving a DX8 satellite, but i ended up using 4 'original' (not DX8) satellites and an AR9000(ish) Rx to bind each to the radio.
I plugged them into the div board, did the bind process with them connected to it and then tried the different spektrum settings in mktool until i found one which was behaving.

H&I are clearly not going forward with spektrum for future developments so i've subsequently switched to an MX-20 radio, which seemed like the least course of resistance.

hope that helps a bit.

Nettraptor

i am using diversity board too , and it is worth every cent. it is compatible even with dsmj from my JR ZERO 11x

as for H&I i belive that H&I supports only german products and i dont think this is nice.

Macsgrafs

umm, that sound like you 'might' have the wrong spektrum mode selected in MKTool.

i'm not in front of my hexa now, but i do remember that one spektrum setting had channels jumping all over the place, but another had the 4 control channels looking pretty close to correct.

i also see to remember that the way you initially bind the satellites - what spektrum rx you use - an effect on which spektrum setting you use in MKTool.

there's a dull back story to this involving a DX8 satellite, but i ended up using 4 'original' (not DX8) satellites and an AR9000(ish) Rx to bind each to the radio.
I plugged them into the div board, did the bind process with them connected to it and then tried the different spektrum settings in mktool until i found one which was behaving.

H&I are clearly not going forward with spektrum for future developments so i've subsequently switched to an MX-20 radio, which seemed like the least course of resistance.

hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for the info plingboot.
I didnt actually bind them to a spektrum receiver first to be honest, I just put them into the diversity & bound them like that. The red LED flashes to show which satellite its using at the time. All 3 satellites bound nicely & rock steady orange LED's all round. All my switches & stick movements work fine in the koptertool windows as they should, apart from needing some very stupid end point/travel adjust & sub trimms...like 126% & 36% respectively!

I could pre bind them with a spektrum AR7000 receiver first, them connect & rebind using the diversity, but I'll have to wait until the new motors turn up!

H&I??? who are they :)?

I am using spektrum low res in mktools if that helps.

Thanks again for your input, its appreciated.

Ross

Macsgrafs

i am using diversity board too , and it is worth every cent. it is compatible even with dsmj from my JR ZERO 11x

as for H&I i belive that H&I supports only german products and i dont think this is nice.

I agree, they are worth every cent, because I really dont want to throw £1000's into the air with just 1 x satellite!!!! I would rather not fly the thing at all...wanna buy a droidworx SJ8 :)

Ross

plingboot

h&I = holgar and ingo = mikrokopter :tennis:

i asked them about the mk roadmap and spektrum's integration with it after the latest update and MX-20 stuff.

the reply pretty much said that there wouldn't be much more happening with spektrum for the foreseeable future and that jeti were busy with their own radio to have time to work with MK. The Graupner relationship looks like it has legs for a while - hence my jump.

the bottom line was concern that spektrum doesn't support satellite only installations - whether the general experience is that they are robust or not - and i'd had a 'moment' with my DX8 satellite - which does require intermittent communication with the main receiver (think it's in the event of signal loss) and i pretty much lost all trust in the system in that particular format. I'm crap enough at the controls as it is (at the moment) and don't need the added worry of wonky radio in the mix.

That said i think the DX8 is a great radio and i happily use it as a full receiver/sat install in my quad.

Macsgrafs

h&I = holgar and ingo = mikrokopter :tennis:

i asked them about the mk roadmap and spektrum's integration with it after the latest update and MX-20 stuff.

the reply pretty much said that there wouldn't be much more happening with spektrum for the foreseeable future and that jeti were busy with their own radio to have time to work with MK. The Graupner relationship looks like it has legs for a while - hence my jump.

the bottom line was concern that spektrum doesn't support satellite only installations - whether the general experience is that they are robust or not - and i'd had a 'moment' with my DX8 satellite - which does require intermittent communication with the main receiver (think it's in the event of signal loss) and i pretty much lost all trust in the system in that particular format. I'm crap enough at the controls as it is (at the moment) and don't need the added worry of wonky radio in the mix.

That said i think the DX8 is a great radio and i happily use it as a full receiver/sat install in my quad.

Now I'm with you. What are Mikrocopter playing at...thier own forums are littered with Spektrum users, what a silly move in my book!
I must admit spektrums park flier receivers suck, had 2 brownouts & lost a RC factory flash...whilst night flying, just after launch it climbed to 20ft, lost throttle & I had no control..in she went :(
Then a few months ago my eagle/buzzard lost signal..(same receiver) & ploughed into a tree. Im 47 but had to get my little boys head on, which isnt to hard & climb up a tree to get it...whilst being attacked by 200+ seagulls all screaming & diving at it, by hey that's why I bought the thing :)

Managed to get 2 good motors working out of 3 not so good ones & my octo is working in the motor test screen at least, so its good news & I have my diversity working again. My satellites are from HK, the orange jobbies, they seem to work fine I must be honest.

All round happy bunny for now, just need to get some props & I'm ready for a test flight, fingers crossed.

What else do you fly, I did see mention of your DX8, so I was wondering what other models you have?
I also fly a trex 600esp + RC buzzard + phase 3 F16 EDF +SU26 50CC & hopefully soon a droidworx octo ;)

Last edited by a moderator: