Small UAV Coalition Supporters @ MRF

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks for the quick and decisive vote of confidence!

The following MultiRotorForums.com users have pledged support to our Associate Level membership at the Small UAV Coalition.

Econfly, Pro
DTW, Pro
DJW43, Supporter
Mike SF, Pro
Motopreserve, Supporter
IFarkas, www.3DHDsoft.com, Pro
timmydjr, Supporter
RCedit, Pro
sjarriel, Supporter
keensg, www.geoResourceTechnologies.com, Pro
FDNYfish, Supporter
CineBlade, Pro
Yodee, Supporter
Bartman, www.Multi-Media.co, Pro
Dennis6590, Supporter
Glacier51, Supporter
Seattle_Helo, www.aliencine.com, Supporter
AirRaid, Pro
JimBinDallas, Supporter
WacoJohn, Supporter
Doctor Drone, Supporter
GetAirborne, Supporter
MacTadpole, Supporter
Mick, Supporter
Jim@480, Supporter
davidjac, Supporter
Rgolfer, Supporter
Gary Seven, Supporter

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

I'll keep updating this thread as support grows. If anyone would like their website address listed next to their username please just let me know.

Listing my website up there makes me realize I need to update it a bit! lol

Bart

Bartman

Stephen, I updated your entry on the list above. Pls. check your private messages (known as Conversations here) when you have a minute.
Thanks,
Bart

tjwilliamstj

Dp, Cranes, Steadicam
Just wrote my congress persons....FAA approved 6 companies to fly over film sets under 400 feet in June with a 20 day comment period which I never heard about!

Bought a small drone about a year ago to use in our video production business, several thou sitting on a shelf.

FAA Believes flying a cessna and getting a private pilot lic. will make you a better model airplane pilot on a helicopter style UAV less than 400 feet off the deck over a closed set. Cost of a private pilot cert for this purpose makes the low budget aerial aspect of a drone a loser.

FAA regulates 747 etc so naturally believe the smallest category of UAV is under 55lbs. One of those hits you you are maybe dead, when my 3lb drone hits you you may get some cuts.

FAA has created a monopoly of 6 production entities for all the film and tv in the USA because the process of getting an approval to fly in this limited way for commercial purposes is long and laborious with plenty of lawyer money being spent. Again at the lower end of the economic spectrum this will make it not profitable to do.

Once you have a limited approval from the FAA you must submit a ton of paper everytime you fly for a commercial purpose. Literally everything but a flight plan, all this to fly at a ceiling of 400 feet over controlled private property. Every realestate book says you own the air space over your land. The so called inverted pyramid, from the center of the earth to outer space. Of course airliners have permission to pass over your property, regulated above 1000 feet above terrain by the FAA. Now suddenly the faa regulates to ground level!!! Are people no longer concerned about their property rights?

All The Best,
\TJ

Bartman

TJ

No doubt, it's a mess.

FWIW, I still have everyone's money in my paypal account and as it becomes more and more obvious where this effort is going I'll contact each donor to ask if they still want in or if they want their money back.

Bart

Bartman

Folks, While the lines of communication are still open with the Small UAV Coalition, the path to membership remains obscured. We have tentatively scheduled another conversation for later this week but if we don't have a green light to join with benefits that I can easily explain to you then I'll be refunding your payments by Friday afternoon.

I have continued to seek consensus with the Small UAV Coalition while also seeking other worthwhile partners that are in a position to advocate on behalf of personal and commercial sUAS users. At the end of this week I'll try to post an update as to what the options are if the Small UAV Coalition doesn't pan out.

Bart

Bartman

Folks,

After a rather long conversation with the Small UAV Coalition this afternoon I have decided to that I will be refunding your contributions. To get the amount of money we'll need I'll need more time and I'm not comfortable holding onto everyone's money.

Also, as I've continued to seek relationships that will benefit sUAS users we've started to rough out a grassroots organization that might be a better option than the Small UAV Coalition while continuing to cooperate with the Small UAV Coalition.

The end result is the same at the end of this particular day, I thank you for your support and confidence in me to represent your interests but I'm going to refund all payments and ask again for your support at a later date. There is a lot happening and I will update everyone as soon as I can.

Bart

econfly

Bart, thanks for all of the effort you have put into this. I know you are doing all you can to get our voices into the conversation. This may not have been the right option for the resources available at this time, and sometimes making the decision to take a step back is the best thing to do. I think refunding our contributions should indicate to everyone that this is a serious effort to make a real difference with the money available -- if it can't happen here and now, best to refund to the contributors and save those resources for when we can best use them.

WacoJohn

>>and ask again for your support

Please do. You are our only horse in the race, .. and thank you for all you do.

Bartman

There are a lot of good people and little by little we're forming up with them. I'll say as much as I can as soon as I can.

The Small UAV Coalition said in no uncertain terms to go ahead and join as an Associate Member just as we originally planned. They seem genuinely committed to the creation of a larger organization to represent both the manufacturers and the end users whether they be personal or commercial. The Small UAV Coalition also supports the separation of sUAS regulations from the larger regulatory effort in order to advocate for UK style regulations which is something you guys know I am very much in support of.

In the process of working out this option some other ideas have been floated and sometimes it's ok to consider your options and maybe go with something that came up late in the game.

That's all I can say at the moment. Lots of stuff happening and I'll say more at a later date.

Thanks!
Bart

dtw

KC1UAV
@Bart, again, let me know if there's anyway I/we can help, money or otherwise. Thank you for your efforts!

Doctor Drone

Doc's Box
Bart. I will be ready in the future to help our cause. I would be willing to double tha contributed amount. Thanks for the effort. Doc Drone. Ed

Mojave

There are a lot of good people and little by little we're forming up with them. I'll say as much as I can as soon as I can.

The Small UAV Coalition said in no uncertain terms to go ahead and join as an Associate Member just as we originally planned. They seem genuinely committed to the creation of a larger organization to represent both the manufacturers and the end users whether they be personal or commercial. The Small UAV Coalition also supports the separation of sUAS regulations from the larger regulatory effort in order to advocate for UK style regulations which is something you guys know I am very much in support of.

In the process of working out this option some other ideas have been floated and sometimes it's ok to consider your options and maybe go with something that came up late in the game.

That's all I can say at the moment. Lots of stuff happening and I'll say more at a later date.

Thanks!
Bart

Bart - is there any work on this type of organization that MRF is getting behind for those of us in the USA? I do not see any recent activity here but I would like to join an organization to help with the sUAS issues.