Skyline Setup Problems with Roll Axis

hover.ch

I'm trying to setup my new Skyline gimbal stabilization system, not with much success so far.

While the tilt axis seems to work well, the roll axis behaves very strange. I did a firmware upgrade to 1.2.2 successfully and started the setup by calibration (Set Level XY, Set Level Z). So far so good. However, as soon as the servos are switched on, the roll axes gets crazy.

1. First the roll servo immediately drives the gimbal into the end stop. After rolling the gimbal to the side it recovers very, very slowly.
2. Tilt axis seems to behave well. Auto tune does it's job (for the tilt axis, while the roll servo is disconnected).
3. Looking at the monitor also unveils a strange behavior of the roll channel compared to tilt:
While the tilt value changes immediately upon moving the camera platform, the roll value changes very, very slowly.
It takes 5-7 seconds, until the roll value "has caught up" and shows the new roll angle, e.g. 20°.
Same when turing back to level: The tilt value immediately jumps to around 0 while the roll value drops slowly until it reaches the initial value after more than 5 seconds...

Is it normal, that the monitored roll value is "dampened" that much?
Why does the roll servo does such a big movement (> 20°) upon switching the servos on?
Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks a lot for your support.

vip

I see no one has answered you so I will, SEND IT BACK and get your money. I would recommend you try this one from what I have seen of their videos.
http://quadframe.com/collections/frontpage/products/smoooth-gimbal-controller

At least this guy seems to be there for support.

I had a skyline for 5 months that when I sold my gimbal I gave it away,
I would not be able to live with myself if I sold it. Lost $385 bucks.
Even if you get it to work one day the next it will act totally different. With all the new Direct drive options out there now do not waste your time with this product.
Look at the skyline thread here, lots of posts means lots of problems