SkyJib/AeroDrive 8 Crash Video

Usually a multicopter needs fast reaction from the esc. Normal esc's for helis and planes are designed with different needs in mind. Most times not working at all with a multicopter.
The top tier brands you mention offer no multirotor specific esc's except Castle.

So farr you can use from cheap to overpriced.

1. Chinese esc's
No support, cheap but not very reliable. Slow performance.

2. Hobbyking F30-F40-F60 (or other) esc reflashed with simonk firmware.
No support, cheap but not very reliable. Very good performance. Needs some effort to upload firmware

3. Castle Phoenic Ice series.
Good support. Data logging. Multirotor specific firmware, 50% throttle change in 0.08 seconds. Very good performance.

4. Herkules II and the upcoming III.
Good support. Works good with smaller motors and the new version with medium and large size motors. Active freewheeling offers very good efficiency. Small and light form factor. Needs fine soldering skills. Can use both I2C and PPM. Very good performance.

5. Aerodrive
Absolutely no support, a lot of crashes in the forums, most overpriced BL2.0 ever. Not recommended.

CineRebel

Usually a multicopter needs fast reaction from the esc. Normal esc's for helis and planes are designed with different needs in mind. Most times not working at all with a multicopter.
The top tier brands you mention offer no multirotor specific esc's except Castle.

So farr you can use from cheap to overpriced.

1. Chinese esc's
No support, cheap but not very reliable. Slow performance.

2. Hobbyking F30-F40-F60 (or other) esc reflashed with simonk firmware.
No support, cheap but not very reliable. Very good performance. Needs some effort to upload firmware

3. Castle Phoenic Ice series.
Good support. Data logging. Multirotor specific firmware, 50% throttle change in 0.08 seconds. Very good performance.

4. Herkules II and the upcoming III.
Good support. Works good with smaller motors and the new version with medium and large size motors. Active freewheeling offers very good efficiency. Small and light form factor. Needs fine soldering skills. Can use both I2C and PPM. Very good performance.

5. Aerodrive
Absolutely no support, a lot of crashes in the forums, most overpriced BL2.0 ever. Not recommended.

I think this is a very good sum-up of the situation!

Just like to add that HW Platinum esc from china have very good performance in my opinion and not too expensive comparing with castles. so if you are on a budget it would be a good choice!

DKTek

Attachments

• BadInfo5.jpg
    BadInfo5.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:

DKTek

Well, AEROdron sent a reply this morning. Here it is with my remarks in red....for what it's worth.

Still no explanation of how to connect and talk to the AEROdrive 8 or exactly what the LED flashes mean. They still say the unit uses the MK software but states it's a 40 amp controller with burst to 45amps, yet the MK software is default to 35amps...

Details

First measurements have indicated Values of up to 40A (without cooling at 20 degree ambient temperature) per controller for up to 30 seconds. Further stress tests with various cooling systems are underway. The board runs on the Mikrocopter BL-CTRL 2.0 CPU and therefore also carries the same feature set. Specifications

• Temperature and current is transmitted through the telemetry interface (for HoTT and Jeti)
  • Various feedback channels to the MikroCopter (blocked Motors, power limitater, etc)
  • Double-stacked 4 layer high performance board
  • Interface for target values via I2C (molex socket) MikroKopter and PPM (e.g. Hoverfly)
  • Supply with 3S – 5S
  • Two connectors with HXT 6mm Gold Connector for operation with two LiPo batteries (or 4 in Parallel)
  • Current and Temperature limits configurable
  • Through high performance MOSFET’s (30 pcs per controller) 35A constant or 45A burst (up to 30 seconds) possible
  • The extension board includes LEDs that inform you about the status of each controller
  • Compatible layout to MikroKopter (Okto-Series) and Droidworx (AD-8, ADX-4 and SkyJib 8)
  • Soldering pads at the exterior of the distribution boards for easy soldering

Dear Dan

How are you doing?

I think that here is a misunderstanding. We have you written and received no reply and you've apparently received no mail from us. Convenient statement....

We find it not in order that you write entries in the Forum that are not true. WE HAVE YOU WRITTEN! Well, then forward those responses to me to read. If truly sent, then forwarding them would show the original sent date. Although, funny how this reply made it to my email.

For information on the weekend we do not work and you wrote us recently on Friday. True, but what about the previous request? I have the entire string of communications.

A manual is not included in, or must we describe how eight engines be soldered? The electronics is exactly the same as the MK controls, there are indeed MK processors for the telemetry. Yeah, please show me how to solder 8 motors! While your at it, you should change your advertisement that clearly states there IS a short manual included........

We do not offer even the warranty extension at the moment. This is an extension for Exchange within two days, this will come, but not before. Again, read your own advertisement! Here, I'll even give you your own link to it, http://shop.aerodron.ch/index.php/c...oard-40a-for-skyjib-8-ad-8-adx-4-mk-octo.html .

We find it not in order that customers in Forum publish entries and bad is there a company. My publishing on the forums is simply a warning to others considering your products. Considering the poor product support, I feel ripped off due to what was being shown on videos at the time of purchase.

Now to your problem:

We have calculated your configuration. The slider is about 60, this is far beyond our statements to the AERO drive. We indicate 40A! That's correct based on what is NOW published. At the time of purchase, we only had the videos to go by. They showed similar configs flying with 14 and 15 inch props that were NOT identified as having modified software settings.

Calculate you can this itself under www.ecalc.ch

So the problem is obviously pretty clear the MosFET not go along with this. This is not a guarantee. You can send us the Board and we can fix it you after a cost accounting. Cost Accounting, are you suggesting that I PAY to have the AEROdrive 8 repaired? A failure that was the result of following vendors recommendations at the time... That's NOT going to happen. I will keep the damaged AEROdrive 8 unit and continue to post on the forums until you do what is right, and Cost Account the repairs to AEROdron for misleading marketing efforts. I followed recommendations as they were presented by the testers and vendors, I will not pay for repairs. If anything, AEROdron should not only cover the repairs but include a new set of landing gear tubes for the retracts that were bent in the crash.

As you can see, the problem is not the AERO drive, but your configuration. I hope you will clarify this in the Forum. I absolutely agree that it is the configuration! A configuration that was recommended by the Beta Testers and vendors such as yourself AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE! I think I have made myself quit clear on the forums.

Dear greetings from Switzerland
Bruno

Munch

DKTek, don't blame Aerodron for using the Plettenberg Orbits. The Orbit 15/20 need much more than 40A when using them with 5s and 15" props, although they are stated as "designed for the MK Bl Ctrl 2.0" and this configuration was recommended aswell. So using these engines with these props will kill the board.

Plettenberg already published a statement, and recommends 13x4 props now at maximum for the MK-Bl-Ctrls to keep amps down, Dirk even recommended to stay with 4s after the first problems occured. Aerodron was very helpful in our case, but the problem is not the board!
Blame Dirk for advertising configurations which kill the escapes!

DKTek

Yes, but my arguments are based on what was available at the time. Also, it does not excuse the poor product support from AEROdron regarding my claims. AEROdron is still recommending 14 and 15 inch props with the Plettys...

[h=2]Details[/h] The SkyJib series airframes are complete for self-assembly and is suited for fitting most current electronics like MikroKopter UAV, Hoverfly (Pro and Sport), DJI Wookong, Arducopter, Open Pilot, UAVP-NG and more... The SkyJib series are the largest craft in the Droidworx fleet; these airframes have been designed for 2826/12 series Axi motors and dynamically balanced 15-20 Plettenberg engines, both fitted with 14"-15" propellers. The airframe can also be fitted with larger 4120/14 series engines for higher payloads. Engine mount disks for mounting both engines are supplied. SkyJib is an all-in-one series craft, supporting a standard flat configuration, as well as coaxial set-ups, as well as 360 degree 3-axis arrangements. All options are provided for.

"these airframes have been designed for 2826/12 series Axi motors and dynamically balanced 15-20 Plettenberg engines, both fitted with 14"-15" propellers"

Vendors and Beta Testers both are still recommending this config....

Seems as though only DroidWorx has changed the marketing info.

Munch

Yes, but my arguments are based on what was available at the time. Also, it does not excuse the poor product support from AEROdron regarding my claims. AEROdron is still recommending 14 and 15 inch props with the Plettys...

"these airframes have been designed for 2826/12 series Axi motors and dynamically balanced 15-20 Plettenberg engines, both fitted with 14"-15" propellers"

Vendors and Beta Testers both are still recommending this config....

Seems as though only DroidWorx has changed the marketing info.

Well, as far as I know, Aerodrone is using some slightly changed Orbit 15/20. And Droidworx changed their info, because some of the concerning people with problems informed them to do so.

DKTek

Then the problem would still exist, they don't say anything about running a modified version of the 15-20 Plettys. Not revealing the details is why this has happened, IMO.

Munch

Well, it's a combination of mistakes people made. Plettenberg by taking a standard engine of the shelf and giving it to Dirk, Dirk who did some mysterious tests and was writing bad recommendations, esc-suppliers and airframe-manufacturers which copied the data without testing themselves, Plettenberg who sold the engines to anybody closing their eyes concerning Dirk's recommendations and without having tested these combinations either.
And we are sitting at the end and are beta testing these things in real life, watching our gear falling from the sky.

Now everybody is pointing at somebody else and no one wants to take the blame for it. Yes, I know, it's not a nice situation for king customer...:upset:

Well, try to be a little bit more polite at least, maybe somebody fells pity for you and helps you a bit. You have a hard way to go, good luck!

DKTek

Yeah, I agree! You've spelled it out very well. Although, king customer doesn't give a crap about pity...he just wants what is right :apathy:. The end user shouldn't have to put up with this.

Well, as far as I know, Aerodrone is using some slightly changed Orbit 15/20. And Droidworx changed their info, because some of the concerning people with problems informed them to do so.

The only change Aerodron has made in the Orbit they sell is a 20% markup in value. Selling a product under false pretense and offering no support is a fact. Sadly I believe only UK has laws protecting the consumer.

jrlederer

DKTek, munch and all concerned:
I have read and understand the totally screwed situation which has led rise to both of your points of view. Personally, I tend to trend toward DKTek's opinion since this could easily have been me had it not been for some unfortunate health issues that had me hospitalized when I was planning on having been testing my machine during this same period of time during which his mishap occurred. I am left in an uncomfortable position and am seeking advice on how I should proceed from this point. First of all, in a manner much like my friend DKTek, I was led to believe by direct recommendations by emails exchanged back and forth between Dirk, Droidworx, and Plettenberg reps that a good decision would be to outfit my new project (HL SkyJib 8) with Orbit 20-18's, which by the way, I am uncertain as to whether these motors qualify for the warning as they are a bit different from the 15-20's noticed on DW's website. This decision was made only after having previously purchased 10 4120/20's (which now I've been warned also fall into the category of use at your own discression, which also were direct recommendations). If you can imagine the cost I've incurred simply on batches of motors then you might easily understand my hesitation and uneasiness after hearing that, in an effort to ensure I had proper parts on set with me in the case of a mishap, went ahead and purchased a second Aerodrive 8 board!! Fortunately, at least I think so anyway, all of the above mentioned products are still in their original packaging, unused, as like I said before I was hospitalized for a whole and then when I was finally well enough to continue on, I stumbled across this thread's info and put the e-brake on, awaiting further instructions from those with more experience than I have. To those people whom I've just referred to: what do I do? Petition for RMA and credit to the vendors I bought these items for, instead purchasing different components, or does my gear not fall into that danger zone due to being different versions of the hardware than 15-20's that are posted on DW website??

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

jrlederer

I can offer some words to ease your fears.
The Orbit 15-20 are excellent motors. The motors have nothing wrong.
The problem is that the guys that are selling them got a bit overzealous and marketed them as competitors to the AXi 4120 spinning 15 inch props.The problem is that the Orbit 15-20 is a motor similar in performance and in weight to an AXi 2826. If you try to run an AXI 2826 with a 15x5 prop you will get the same effect and even worse a burned motor.
Not only the motors were mismarketed but the compatibility with the BL2.0 was also. The BL2.0 are good for around 20-35 amps max. The orbit with the 15 inch props draw as much as 60 amps.

I am running the Orbit 15-20 close to 5 months and have no problems whatsoever. I am running them with Castle Phoenix Ice 50 and JXF 14x4 prop on 4S and have excellent performance and good temps all around. I can lift 10 kilos with around 60% throttle.

I am not recommending any of the products above. Since these companies charge a premium price they should offer premium service and support as well. So far they have not.

AEROdron

AEROdron GmbH
Hi Dan (DKTek) and togheter,

English:

We think it`s unprofessional if persons will represent products or companies negative in forums concering personal feelings. As AEROdron, we strive to offer a professional service to our customers. We have written several messages to Dan and get no response. Even though the mail would be lost, we are still reachble on Phone (+ 41 41 760 08 71) and this almost at any time (including weekends).
If a Customer has a problem, and we will not informed about, we can`t help unfortunately this customer.
The input here in the Forum (as described in other threads) the configuration of Dan is incorrectly and as a result the AEROdrive has overloaded (ca. 60A). This configuration from Dan take more than 60A per controller, which is too much. The AEROdrive is designed for 40A per controller and can handle peaks of 45A for 30 seconds.
If we had known the intended configuration of Dan, we would have to advise against him. But we didn`t
It is not our responsibility about the configuration of the customer. Also a car manufacturers don't know where his car is used.
Gald we assist all interest customers for the AEROdrive, this is also the strength of AEROdron
All a good aviation weather ;-)

Sandro and the AEROdron team

German:

Wir finden es sehr unprofessionell, wenn Produkte oder Firmen in einem Forum negativ dargestellt werden aus persönlichen Empfindungen. Wir als AEROdron sind bestrebt, einen professionellen Services für unsere Kunden anzubieten. Wir haben Dan mehrere Mails geschrieben und erhielten keine Antwort. Auch wenn die Mails verloren gegangen wären, sind wir immer noch Telefonisch (+41 41 760 08 71) erreichbar und dies fast um jede Uhrzeit (inkl. Wochenende).
Wenn ein Problem entstanden ist und wir keine Kenntnisse davon haben, können wir leider auch nicht weiterhelfen.
Zu dem Eintrag hier im Forum (wie auch in anderen Threads beschrieben) ist die Konfiguration von Dan nicht richtig und dadurch wird das AEROdrive überlastet (über 60A). Es werden mehr als 60A pro Regler mit dieser Konfiguration von Dan benötigt, was viel zuviel ist. Das AEROdrive ist für 40A pro Regler ausgelegt und kann eine Spitze von 45A von 30 Sekunden standhalten.
Hätten wir die Beabsichtigte Konfiguration von Dan gewusst, hätten wir ihm davon abgeraten.
In unserer Verantwortung liegt nicht die verwendete Konfiguration des Kunden. Auch ein Autohersteller weiss nicht wo sein Auto eingesetzt wird.
Gerne bearten wir jeden Interessenten für das AEROdrive, dies ist auch die stärke von AEROdron
Allen ein gutes Flugwetter mit wenig abstützen ;-)

Sandro und das AEROdron-Team

JLO

# 1 sorry Aerodron or to that matter sorry the other vendors and dealers, but the Forum is the only leverage we PAYING CUSTOMERS yes please read it again PAYING CUSTOMERS really have, your over price HIGH end products promise AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE many great things to probably many customers that bought them with the intent to use them along other suppose high end products for professional use we did not buy this products to fly soda bottles all the time, we bought them to fly pro or semi pro cameras, on paying jobs with clients, Aerodron what happened to DKTeK questions on the "small instructions advertising or what happened to the extended warrantees, what happened to clear warnings statements that any co must have in their selling write ups AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE so experts or no experts can read, and know, for decisions AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.

# 2 and to be fair to Dirk and the Orbit 15-20 can anyone explain more of the flight that Dirk presented on

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?746-Pletternberg-motors/page7

in wich he successfully demonstrates Orbit 15-20 motors, APC 15x4 props, BL-Ctrl ESC, Skyjib 8 at 12.2 kilos total weight, using 2 (I think 4S or 2 5S cant tell)
Dirk shared some info but I am sure there is more, valuable info plus we don t know how much amps/temperature that flight demanded and we don't know if the Bl-Ctrl or the Orbits are in any way now compromise because that flight and configuration.

DKTek

Man, these guys just don't get it!

I understand that their English is limited but I don't think ANYBODY is disputing the performance of the AEROdrive....... It's the way it is marketed....with VERY BAD RECOMMENDATIONS!!!!! Recommendations that cause obvious failure of the unit. Recommendations that AEROdron, along with others, are still using in their marketing scheme. Even after the problem has been identified!

Sandro, forward those lost emails and I'll be more than happy to read them. You can bet that I'll offer an apology, as long as they are not just created and sent as a new email. Pull those emails out of your techs "sent box" and forward them. That way they will have the original sent date.

Also Sandro, this whole thread was started because of AEROdron was being non-responsive in the beginning. Forward those replies to clear that up. Otherwise, I'll be happy to publish the email string of what I did get from AEROdron, including the auto responses from my inquires.

This thread is to warn others of terrible product support from AEROdron and not so much an attack. You guys keep missing the real issue so I keep pointing it out and I will continue to do so until this is remedied. Read this thread from the beginning before you respond! Pay real close attention to the time line and then tell me that I'm wrong. My multiple post on other forums were well after a reasonable and prudent time period of waiting on a response from AEROdron.

Hi There,

We had also a crash because of the board, ( Damage: € 2500,- , Nikon camera + lens, Retractable gear, Photohigher AV200, 1 Motor, Several props, ) So we sended the board to Aerodron for repair.
Recently we are waiting for about 2 months, they've told us 4 weeks ago that the board is ready but recently we haven't received the board yet and when I call the company I get the voicemail.

Check my video:

In my opinion they don't take customers serious, we pay about € 1500,- euro for a board that has a lot of problems and the service they have is crap!
When creating a professional product, with a professional price, they also should give professional support.
In filming industry money doesn't matter, only the best equipment.

I think it's better to get a Herkules board and refund the 1500 euros...

DKTek

Sandro, forward those lost emails and I'll be more than happy to read them. You can bet that I'll offer an apology, as long as they are not just created and sent as a new email. Pull those emails out of your techs "sent box" and forward them. That way they will have the original sent date.

Still waiting......... this should take only a minute or two to take care of, shouldn't be a big deal........unless of course there are no responses to forward.

I'll be happy to publish the email string of what I did get from AEROdron, including the auto responses from my inquires.

Here's yesterdays response in green. Still, they ignore their own marketing and have lost sight of my configuration now. Bruno, it's an APC 14x4.7 on 5S. By the way, the Pletty 15-20 is not an option for the eCalc.

Dear Dan

We have calculated your configuration. The slider is about 60, this is far beyond our statements to the AERO drive. We indicate 40A! That's correct based on what is NOW published. At the time of purchase, we only had the videos to go by. They showed similar configs flying with 14 and 15 inch props that were NOT identified as having modified software settings.

Where have we made false statements? There's a video in the YouTube that we have set. It is to see that we fly with a SkyJib8, AXI2826, XOAR, 13 "and 14", 4 x 4s/6000 and a maximum payload of 9 kg.
In the test we have tested various engines: AXI2814, AXI2826, AXI4120, Orbit10-15 and Orbit20-10. With propeller from 11 "to 16" and Lipos of 4s and 6s. Where the limit of our Board is we tried to see all possible configurations.
It has been shown that the AXI2814, AXI2826 is a very good solution. We could make no guarantee with lipo of 6s.
So, we have given details of the specifications. We have not specified by us recommendations. We have looked at individually what will be the setup of its drone with customers.

So the problem is obviously pretty clear the MosFET not go along with this. This is not a guarantee. You can send us the Board and we can fix it you after a cost accounting. Cost Accounting, are you suggesting that I PAY to have the AEROdrive 8 repaired? A failure that was the result of following vendors recommendations at the time... That's NOT going to happen. I will keep the damaged AEROdrive 8 unit and continue to post on the forums until you do what is right, and Cost Account the repairs to AEROdron for misleading marketing efforts. I followed recommendations as they were presented by the testers and vendors, I will not pay for repairs. If anything, AEROdron should not only cover the repairs but include a new set of landing gear tubes for the retracts that were bent in the crash.

Here, too, I need you questions; Where have we run false marketing? This is not your statement at all.
We have last August 15 boards produced and sent to various dealers and customers. We wanted to achieve, so, whether it may be with other configurations except where we have tested problems arise. We received no comments until December, or have heard of any problems. It turned out that we can specify performance per controller with the 40A AERO drive.
Now there but users with Plettenberg engines with 6s and 15 "propeller are flown. There are also statements which do not agree or are possible in the forums. Should really anyone given the note have, that the AERO drive with the Orbit20 10, 15 "and with 6s Lipo is a good configuration, this share with please us because this is quite wrong.

As you can see, the problem is not the AERO drive, but your configuration. I hope you will clarify this in the Forum. I absolutely agree that it is the configuration! A configuration that was recommended by the Beta Testers and vendors such as yourself AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE! I think I have made myself quit clear on the forums.

I can say here only once again we gave no recommendation. Should this made our beta tester then contact get in with them.

I would like to also explain what did it with the warranty card to you:

Our intention is our customers to offer an extended warranty. Only we have not implemented yet until now this. In this extension, we would offer an immediate exchange of AERO drives two days. We are what it costs, etc. but still not aware how we want to work out the whole contracts, But soon, there will be a solution for this.

To the Manual:

We wanted to create a manual and have repeatedly moved this for temporal reasons. We also went away, that anyone who can build a Kopter our AERO drive also can use. There is actually nothing to write because of the construction, etc. is just as it is written in the wiki of Mikrokopter Germany.

But now to your detriment:

Is us really much because a good service to offer. We regret also that communication has failed you. Unfortunately, we can make no exchanging your defective Board, what you can understand. It was not broken due to the motors, Lipo or propeller, but probably due to the high current.

> We offer to repair the Board you again like about you. We would like to check the Board and look at, possibly a technical defect cannot be excluded also.

> We greatly regret that the failure is caused a great damage to your Kopter. We offer to you like that we offer the defective components you at our discount prices.

> We hope to find a good solution for you and for us.

Excuse me for my bad English. If you do not understand something, I am trying like to explain it. Also we are you gladly by telephone under + 41 417600871 available.

Dear greetings and nice evening
Bruno

Von: Wescamdan
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2012 01:26
An: Hauptadresse AEROdron
Betreff: Re: AEROdron Schwitter & Torghele: Shipment # V2012-100000497-2 for Order # 100000497

-----Original Message-----
To: Wescamdan
Sent: Tue, May 29, 2012 5:52 am
Subject: AW: AEROdron Schwitter & Torghele: Shipment # V2012-100000497-2 for Order # 100000497

Dear Dan

How are you doing?

I think that here is a misunderstanding. We have you written and received no reply and you've apparently received no mail from us. Convenient statement....

We find it not in order that you write entries in the Forum that are not true. WE HAVE YOU WRITTEN! Well, then forward those responses to me to read. If truly sent, then forwarding them would show the original sent date. Although, funny how this reply made it to my email.

For information on the weekend we do not work and you wrote us recently on Friday. True, but what about the previous request? I have the entire string of communications.

A manual is not included in, or must we describe how eight engines be soldered? The electronics is exactly the same as the MK controls, there are indeed MK processors for the telemetry. Yeah, please show me how to solder 8 motors! While your at it, you should change your advertisement that clearly states there IS a short manual included........

We do not offer even the warranty extension at the moment. This is an extension for Exchange within two days, this will come, but not before. Again, read your own advertisement! Here, I'll even give you your own link to it, http://shop.aerodron.ch/index.php/control/distribution-boards/distribution-board-40a-for-skyjib-8-ad-8-adx-4-mk-octo.html .

We find it not in order that customers in Forum publish entries and bad is there a company. My publishing on the forums is simply a warning to others considering your products. Considering the poor product support, I feel ripped off due to what was being shown on videos at the time of purchase.

Now to your problem:

Calculate you can this itself under www.ecalc.ch

Bruno

Gesendet: Freitag, 25. Mai 2012 22:01
Betreff: Re: AEROdron Schwitter & Torghele: Shipment # V2012-100000497-2 for Order # 100000497

Bruno,

I have not received a reply to this issue. I need to do something with this unit ASAP. I am pushing work to others right now and losing revenue.

I need a course of action. Do I send it back or is there a way to communicate directly with the unit to reset it or at least trouble shoot?

You've got the link to my LED errors, what do they mean?

Dan

-----Original Message-----
To: Wescamdan
Sent: Mon, May 14, 2012 5:44 am
Subject: AW: AEROdron Schwitter & Torghele: Shipment # V2012-100000497-2 for Order # 100000497

Dear Dan

Thank you for your mail.

We have forwarded your mail to our technicians. You will contact you today.

For further questions we are you at the disposal.

Bruno

AEROdron Schwitter + Torghele
Sumpfstrasse 7
CH 6300 Zug

www.aerodron.ch
www.droidworx.ch

Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Mai 2012 20:50

Hello,

This AeroDrive 8 unit has failed. Here is the link showing what happened, http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?3586-SkyJib-AeroDrive-8-Crash-Video . If you can't access that link, then you can find the videos here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2ClIoKGBiA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=495KlUBp7G0&list=UULymDatinRKRpvQ27mYaEpg&index=1&feature=plcp

What is my course of action now? Motors are Pletty 15-20 with APC 14x4.7 props. Gimbal is an AV200/360 with a Canon 5D MkII.

This unit is for commercial use. I need a quick solution please.

Thanks,

Dan

AEROdron, what is your business motto?

DKTek

Still no forwarded emails! I suspect that they NEVER REPLIED as indicated by AEROdron. Plainly, AEROdron is not interested in following up with this issue. Misleading advertisements, no product support, and just bad business practices are what you can expect for your money.

I still contend that the product is good but that's useless without support. AEROdron expects every customer to call them to discuss their application prior to test flying as self implied by their responses. Obviously, if you don't then you're out of luck. I've heard from a few that did contact them prior and AEROdrons recommendations were the same...14 or 15 inch props with the Pletty 15-20.

Because I have made this public, some are trying to get return service from AEROdron and such. To those people, I hope you are successful.

DKTek

The CS series craft are an experimental setup; the airframe has been designed around maximum capacity engines and Props with special hand made 20mm carbon fibre booms which are core filled with anti-vibration high density foam, a second inner 10mm light wall CF tube adds strength and also allows wires to pass through.

Funny, my SJ8 doesn't have core filled booms. Is this something that is custom?

Looking at their RTF SJ8's, http://shop.aerodron.ch/index.php/rtf-ready-to-fly/cs-series/skyjib-8-mikrokopter.html , they are still matching the AEROdrive on 5S with the Pletty 15-20's on 14x8 and 15x7 props!

Do these guys have any integrity?