Site upgrade in the works

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
There's already a site upgrade in the works. Look for a site logo banner and improved layout/colors all within the next few weeks!
Thanks for the suggestions. :)
Bart

Bartman

Hi folks,
In the coming days you may see the site change to include a homepage. I'm not sure when it will be complete but it's in the works. The homepage will allow various modules to be incorporated into the site so that should make things a little more interesting in terms of the site's features.
I just increased the limits on post attachments so you should be able to attach more pictures per post which is good for build threads and such.
I also spoke to the designer that is doing the site logo/banner and we're trying to get that done in about a three week time frame. I'm expecting rough sketches in the coming days.
Last but not least I'm working on a promo video with a friend of mine to help bring traffic to the site, hopefully in the form of lots of multi-rotor enthusiasts that will stay, call the site home, and feel safe knowing they don't have to hide in the dark recesses of more traditional RC sites anymore.
I almost forgot to mention, we need a host/moderator for the AR Drone section of the site. I'd go out and buy one myself but I don't have an Iphone to fly it with. If you know of someone with an AR Drone and you think they'd like to help others to get theirs flying, please have them email me (bart@multirotorforums.com) or just drop by and start posting in that section of the site.
So that's it for now. Enjoy the site and thanks for reading.
Bart

Bartman

bear with me while we experiment with the header to see what is allowable in that space.
thanks!
bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dont rush buddy.. its nice to be one of the first to be regestared with you.. content is always better than looks !

Bartman

i'm continuing to tweak the site. now, whenever you click on the top header/banner/logo it will take you to the site home page (CMPS page in technical jargon) but when you click on any of the Forum links you'll go to the forums home page. it's a minor victory for me to have this working this way.
i'm also making progress with the site logo and maybe i'll have that posted by the end of next week.
we welcome KiwiRC to the vendor area and Cedric from 1001Copters asked for a France local site and it's there as of this morning.
the site functions thanks to the active members helping each other so thank you to everyone for participating. feel free to invite others and we'll keep things growing.
regards,
bart

matwelli

keep up the good work Bart.

One feature that dosent work for me is PM notification, I have no Idea if I have new PM's

Whats the thought on the logo, tell us the size and maybe run a week long competition to submit a banner for the site ?

Bartman

the logo is coming along and with it there will be a new board style you can choose to use. if you go to the lower left corner of the site you'll see a white drop down box that probably says Default Style. you can choose Alt1 which is a style I've been using to play with colors, fonts, etc. Once the logo/header is done, I plan to do a custom style that will be coordinated with the header. You'll be able to set that as your custom style in your user options page.
Any day now!
Bart

Cabe

Pretty much everything works for me, except the background colour, way too high contrast from the blue for my liking.

Cant find that site style box you mentioned either. Clearly some form of sadist :)