Site changes are coming

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi all,
Look for a few new changes in the very near future. As promised I'm finally getting personal blogs added to the site so you can all become happy little publishers of everything multi-rotored.
Also, we're going to ditch the CMS homepage and go to a traditional forums format. I'm not sure exactly how people are using the site as they surf around but there will still be an option to surf new posts by using the What's New button just under the header graphic.
Lastly, there will be a left side column with advertising and other stuff in it. People have suggested that I accept donations and for a very brief period I did but it's been my intent to let the vendors support the site since they ultimately benefit from the community we've established here. I will not post ads from anonymous vendors like a Google AdSense stream would provide. The vendors that advertise are generally found to be well respected and enthusiastic supporters of the multi-rotor community and I welcome their participation here and recommend you consider supporting them when you choose to make a purchase.
Thanks to everyone for making this site so freakin' cool. I'm immensely proud of it and happy that so many of you have found help and inspiration here.
Once the new format is posted I'll be interested to hear your feedback.
Thanks,
Bartman

Bartman

Content Management Software
It's a cover page of sorts for a forums site to use where the forums themselves aren't really desirable as a homepage. For our use, as has become typical, using the forums as the homepage is generally accepted practice. I'm going to try to have some sort of blog highlight fature in the future once they start to catch on.
Bart

Bartman

Thanks for your patience everyone. Blogs are now available and though the format has changed, there will be more tweaks taking place in the coming week or so.
I'd like to hear whatever feedback you can offer.
Thanks,
Bart

Pintac

Looks good Bart

I know it can be tough keeping up with the forum software. I administer 3 forums.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
AHHHHHH! where's to front page gone?????

I see it at the side but there aint as may posts to veiw.. Any chance of getting a NEW post PAGE?

Dave

Bartman

Stay calm everyone. I need a few days to get a feel for the new layout and see what works and what doesn't. I miss the Active Threads list also so I'll see about getting something similar in short order. I think the What's New button just below the header graphic does the same thing.
I really really really want to hear feedback. good, bad, whatever, it'll all get factored in to some degree going forward.
Blogs are live, have fun with them.

ZAxis

Sorry Bart but I find the new format confusing and difficult to keep track of recent, but already read, posts that are spread across different forum sections. I like to refer to slightly older posts but now have to dig though multiple pages and know what forum they belong to. As an example it took a good 5 minutes to find this thread again after having to guess which forum it was on.
I'm sure you can do something to help but in the meantime I'll just bump around blindly and see if I can get used to it.
cheers
andy

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I am with Andy on this.. although the 'whatsnew' tab does seem to work but does not contain say the last three or four days active threads..

Good job though Bart..

Dave

PS.. Go freekin Fly and stop worrying about the forum!

Bartman

the new software is an add-on to what we were using so I could go back to a homepage format like what we had. i think because our topic is so specific it makes all of the forum interesting to most users so the the present layout isn't scratching that itch to keep info flowing from all directions.
i'll see what i can do.
thanks for the input. :cheerful:
bart

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Sorry Bart but I find the new format confusing and difficult to keep track of recent, but already read, posts that are spread across different forum sections. I like to refer to slightly older posts but now have to dig though multiple pages and know what forum they belong to. As an example it took a good 5 minutes to find this thread again after having to guess which forum it was on.
I'm sure you can do something to help but in the meantime I'll just bump around blindly and see if I can get used to it.
cheers
andy

Andy, you can subscribe to a thread that interests you under "thread tools" at the top of the page. Then you can just click on "subscribed links" under quick links to see all of the posts that you are following.

Gunter.