Show us what you shot.

hjls3

I really have no idea what I am doing. THis was my second day taking pics with an AD6-T2i. I do know I am having lots of fun. Thanks certainly goes out to Patrick at Aerial Media Pros for all his help with everything. I was hoping to go up into the high country and find some aspens changing. No such luck, so I stopped at the ski hill in my backyard. Fun stuff. Certainly open to any suggestions. Wire in the pic is a zipline. Might take it out with photoshop but anyways -

View attachment 6205View attachment 6206View attachment 6207View attachment 6208View attachment 6204

Attachments

• IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 329

jhardway

Nothing new just more control and the ability to see what I am looking at, I was then able to walk into the positions much close and frame them better. While testing my new camera the Sony RX100 - 20mp, all the same as a NEX, no real depth but it fits in your pocket and for what we are doing depth is not ofter involved.

cheers
View attachment 6252View attachment 6253View attachment 6255View attachment 6257

Attachments

• eDSC02480.jpg
    eDSC02480.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 218
  • eDSC02555.jpg
    eDSC02555.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 228
  • mail_eDSC02219.jpg
    mail_eDSC02219.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 268
  • mail_eDSC02520.jpg
    mail_eDSC02520.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 382

Bowley

Nice shots hardway! agree we dont need need depth much, but that statue on a lower F-stop would look good.

jhardway

agree the camera over exposed I have to look at the setting just to see what I can do, I know I can adjust the exposure but I also know the camera can shoot in RAW, not sure that that would look like but that is in the learning process.

Bowley

agree the camera over exposed I have to look at the setting just to see what I can do, I know I can adjust the exposure but I also know the camera can shoot in RAW, not sure that that would look like but that is in the learning process.

I was'nt criticising, I did'nt think they were over exposed, I just meant that the statue might be nice shot with some depth of field.

jhardway

Bowley

no worries, no bad though came from my end, I do understand your f-stop comment and thanks for being sensitive. Good or bad comments are always welcomed, its the view/knowledge/opinion of other we can take in to explore what we may be missing, to improve our results. I as a photographer am open to those types of comments and welcome the opportunity to listen, then I can break it all down for the next time I do something.

For these photos, I am more obsessed with the getting all the detail and with a flat image sometimes when these camera's get into the brighter areas the image loses its capabilities to gather it all, so usually I set the exposure down some, in this case I did not.

many cheers

I was'nt criticising, I did'nt think they were over exposed, I just meant that the statue might be nice shot with some depth of field.

DennyR

Nothing new just more control and the ability to see what I am looking at, I was then able to walk into the positions much close and frame them better. While testing my new camera the Sony RX100 - 20mp, all the same as a NEX, no real depth but it fits in your pocket and for what we are doing depth is not ofter involved.

cheers
View attachment 8228View attachment 8229View attachment 8231View attachment 8233

Nice shots, I don't think you need to worry about a shallow depth of field. I prefer as is, to see the detail in both the foreground and the background.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros

cheers

I love eDSC02555.jpg, this is great the way it is, you really get a sense of hight, size and perspective. Great work dude.

Efliernz

Pete
Accidental self portrait yesterday.

I was shooting a large roading contractors yard when I was appraoched by a neighbouring factory who happen to be updating their website :nevreness: so we shot there site too. As I started to edit the shots last night... there I was. I'm just more stuff to photoshop out...

Pete

View attachment 6279

Attachments

• self.jpg
    self.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 259

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It is the inclusion of subject in the foreground of the previous photo that makes it 'peachy', but the composition of the background in the second is slightly better.

hjls3

bit of fun this morning...not quite what i was going for but none the less - fun. gonna try again tomorrow from higher - i want all the smoke :)

View attachment 6499

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpg
    IMG_2614.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 157

jhardway

I like to share and say am pretty happy with my new camera - Sony RX100, its been a great upgrade and I have been very happy with the choice, I battled over getting an NEX5 but at the end of day I ended up with the RX100, I am happy and the results of the 20mp files.

Best wishes all

View attachment 6578View attachment 6579View attachment 6580

Attachments

• mail_eDSC02631_stitch.jpg
    mail_eDSC02631_stitch.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 230
  • mail_eDSC02719_stitch.jpg
    mail_eDSC02719_stitch.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 296
  • mail_eDSC02708_stitch.jpg
    mail_eDSC02708_stitch.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 318

hjls3

I really like that second one. Where is that? Pretty amazing structure and a sweet pic. Its amazing what a bit of altitude will do for a change of perspective. Nicely done.

I like to share and say am pretty happy with my new camera - Sony RX100, its been a great upgrade and I have been very happy with the choice, I battled over getting an NEX5 but at the end of day I ended up with the RX100, I am happy and the results of the 20mp files.