Setup-So Close, need help

UAV Noob

I installed my Naza-M Lite and this is what I have so far.
ESCs manually calibrated using RX
Then everything wired channels 1-4/escs/voltage monitor/3 channel switch for flight modes
Confirmed through assistant that I have:
Sticks calibrated with motion in same direction as slider for all 4 channels range and centering seem fine.
Ail: left=left, right=right
Ele: up=left on slider, down=right on slider
Throttle: up=right on slider, down =left on slider
Yaw=left=left, right=right
Voltage monitor displays appropriate value
TX set to traditional
Gimbal set to off
GPS off

When I power up I get my typical esc happy tones, then I plug in the usb cable and I get a solid green LED. Everything looks good on the assistant readings but I cannot arm. I tried all of the stick combinations in the Naza manual. What am I missing? Thank you.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
isn't there a safety setting on the first page? upper right hand corner maybe? i don't have my laptop with me at the moment and i haven't looked at it in a while but i seem to remember a safety setting that needs to be ticked off for new installations

cootertwo

As far as I know, and lately, that ain't much, but the Naza won't arm while the USB is connected. Also make sure your 3 way switch is setup, and not in failsafe mode.

UAV Noob

1. Bartman: I see a failsafe options option but not a check mark. Most of boards I read do not have the Naza Lite Assistant pictured but the full version. 2.2 I believe. I find it odd that there isn't even a button to click to upload from the assistant to the unit.
  2. Cootertwo: I will try after disconnecting the USB. I can switch between manual/failsafe/att. I should be in Att correct? Arming should be any one of the 4 options in the manual such as both sticks down and in?
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

cootertwo

Yes, it should arm in either atti or manual mode. Sometimes my Naza programs act weird, and I'll have to close, and reopen for things to work right.

UAV Noob

I was able to arm with disconnection of the USB. When I arm the motors start spinning. I have tried all of the motor idle speed settings with the same results. Any suggestions? Thank you again.

cootertwo

I'd try setting the motor speed to low, disconnect everything, including shutting down naza assistant. Reboot naza and assistant, and see if the motor speed is still set to low, and if so, try that. I had one that did what you are seeing, once before, but can't remember what I did to correct it? (old timers kicking in)! NO PROPS ON !!!! There's nothing much worse than a face full of angry multirotor with props on!

UAV Noob

When I shift the setting to low 2 of the 4 motors spin at a very slow rate and 2 do not spin. When I move between low and recommended all 4 motors spin upon arming. A few seconds later all 4 motors will stop unless I throttle up. It is weird because I recalibrated all 4 motors 1 by 1 using the rx throttle channel. I performed the TX calibration. I also performed the assistant calibration. Any other thoughts? I am assuming the motors aren't supposed to spin upon arming.

cootertwo

You are doing fine. If motor setting is too low, they won't all spin on arming sometimes, so you bump it up until all 4 spin on arming, AND if you don't give it any throttle, they are supposed to stop, after a few seconds, unless it's in manual mode, then they will keep spinning until you give the motor stop command with the rudder and ail sticks. So it sounds as if you've got it. Now in atti or gps modes, the throttle will act strange, and not as directly connected as it is in manual mode. Sometimes it takes half throttle or more, to lift off, then it will settle down to about 1/2 throttle hover. It's what they are designed to do. Be careful in manual mode, as I've found the stock PID settings a bit twitchy for a nubee.