Seller Warning!! - NextGen RC.. Dont go there!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
For those of us in the UK... DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM NEXGEN UK. Search the internet for their service. They have stopped taking paypal orders because they have cases against them. They are only taking direct bank transfers and then thats the last you will hear from them.. They do not answer emails and do not fulfil orders.. They claim to be UK MK agents but there is no reference to them on the MK site.

BE WARNED!

Dont like linking other threads but sorry I dont want any one else scammed like they have my flying buddy

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=979313

PS Bart if you need to delete the link fine, please dont delete the warning

Dave :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
dave, you've confused me for another site owner from a previous life. no deletions, no worries about the competition. i'm glad you even named the site to avoid.
bart

Paul@scc

They claim to be UK MK agents but there is no reference to them on the MK site.
He was one of the agents for MK and was listed on their site. They took him off their site when he started ripping people off. Mikrokopter should point this out on the dealer list, IMO.

Here is *********** people should be aware of.
His name is Anthony Jacobs. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325233

edited by Bart, 1mar2011

Last edited by a moderator:

This is truly a shame! I received my RTF from Alex at NextGen RC almost a year ago to the day. It is a thing of beauty! The soldering and craftsmanship that went into it looks like a machine built it. I've never, ever, EVER had a mechanical issue with the Hexa. It's still flies incredible a year later. He gave very good Customer service as well but started to get harder and harder to get a hold of about 8 months ago. Months later I started seeing bad vendor reports on him on RCgroups and more than one. I feel bad because he was a real nice guy, had a wife and kid, and when I dealt with him he said he was building a lot of MK's. I obviously don't think it's cool or right for him to rip people off, not provide what was promised, or even get back to people. It makes me wonder if everything is okay with him though. I don't make excuses for the guy I just thought he was a good dude to me. He left us in the lurch a few times but nothing too major. Just thought I'd chime in w/ my 2 cents.

Paul@scc

HaHa. My post has been edited for the use of the word S**M. Is that a bad word over in the US? I have seen the word ''CRAP'' being used on this forum, so I did not think that the word S**M would offend anyone. Except the guy it was directed at.

Bartman

HaHa. My post has been edited for the use of the word S**M. Is that a bad word over in the US? I have seen the word ''CRAP'' being used on this forum, so I did not think that the word S**M would offend anyone. Except the guy it was directed at.

paul,
it's not a bad word and i'm sorry if i didn't specify when i set up the site that personal comments don't really have a place here. i should have deleted the whole comment and in fact may do that after typing this but please leave the personal comments out. they don't make your point any clearer and if the facts speak for themselves you won't need to call the guy anything as it will be obvious.
sorry i didn't make this point earlier for everyone but let's leave out the personal comments. i won't protect anyone that isn't delivering great service to people in our part of the hobby but just ask we stick to the facts.
thanks,
bart

Bartman

I'd be interested in hearing from other forums participants if anyone thinks I'm being unreasonable.
So far this has been a great experience, just trying to keep it that way.
Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I won't make any judgements but I will say this. Personal attacks as in forum member to forum member is one sure way to take things down to a level that just makes me not want to participate and does nothing to improve the quality of a thread, my personal opinion is that type of posting should not be tolerated. For an example of how badly things can go south go look at the LotusRC T580 thread on RCG and see how quickly it got off track and into personal attacks.

As for this instance, it wasn't a direct attack on another forum member but could have resulted in a flame fest if the person named found it and decided to respond, and that's where it all falls apart. Can't please everyone and I don't see it as anything to get upset over and leave, but others may see it differently and that's your right. The last thing I want is for this to be a place of conflict and if anyone thinks that should be a right of membership then maybe you would prefer to be over at RCG where it seems to be SOP.

My $.02
Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi All.. Just got back from a manic few days in london where all I did was convince people our product is the best on the planet, drink a few pint of Guinness, sleep talk Guinness, sleep talk Guinness, sleep talk Guinness!
So hence to say I did not fire my laptop up to check posts.

I was pretty darn mad when I posted this thread. My flying buddy had, as he said against his own better jugment tried to buy a frame from some one who not longer accepts paypal!.. his own stupid fault. Hw just thought he would support a British company rather than get it from Germany.. He now has it from Germany but is still pretty annoyed that he has been let down by NextGen.

Mr Jacobs may well have fallen into a really bad part of his life, illness, child or spouse problems and I am sure most of us can relate to how that can affect our lives.. BUT there is no reason why an automated email could not be set up and the bank that accepts the payments be informed to return anything that hits the account. Like payment from my daft trusting mate. From RHP's comments and from his videos on Vemio he is obviously a experienced multirotor builder and pilot, so with hind site I may have been a bit harsh and the post should just have been a warning rather that a bit of a personal attack on NextGen. So I apologise if it came across that way.. but i was MAD.

Bart you are totally correct to come down hard on anyone who starts to change this site from a welcoming helpful and calm place to chat and share invaluable information. I have come here because I respect the contributors and the knowledge I can tap into and just hope that I can also help with what little I have. I enjoy the banter and the general humour of the contributors. Please keep it that way.

Dave

PS hope my thread did not throw up to much of a hornets nest.

louisnic

Me too conned

Hi Droider,

I too have been stupid enough to have ordered a RTF MK from Nextgen and like an idiot paid him in total by personal cheque on placing the order.

Comms before the order were prompt and helpful and busnesslike and the all contact ceased.

Eventually I reported everything to Trading Standards who have been advising me. I am currently awaiting an address that I can send the papers to so that I can try to claim compensation through the small claims track. I am not hopeful about the outcome and have found others who are in the same position as me. Also, those who used Paypal have had refunds.

If you can add anything to help me it would be much appreciated, please. It would be best for me if you addressed any reply to me at my email address which is, timnic39 *at* yahoo *dot* co *dot* uk.

Regards,

louisnic (tim)

edit by Bart to keep board crawlers from picking up email address. welcome to the forums Tim!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry tim. I have no more info on the guy other than the address on his website. I did a search on him and found the same address on 123 people but then the door closes. Also tried companies house but no luck there
Trading Standards should come up with the details you need. Otherwise try his web hosting company and inform them of his lack of communication. Also complaint to his Bank. Barclays I think. My mate did a direct transfer so his account details must be on the payment page.

Dave

DennyR

For those of us in the UK... DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM NEXGEN UK. Search the internet for their service. They have stopped taking paypal orders because they have cases against them. They are only taking direct bank transfers and then thats the last you will hear from them.. They do not answer emails and do not fulfil orders.. They claim to be UK MK agents but there is no reference to them on the MK site.

BE WARNED!

Dont like linking other threads but sorry I dont want any one else scammed like they have my flying buddy

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=979313

PS Bart if you need to delete the link fine, please dont delete the warning

Dave :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What you say does not surprise me. I had a duff component that had supposedly been tested, It took ten hours of re-flow work to get that board to work

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi DeenyR.. not sure what u mean but I guess that means u were not happy!

How long ago was your last contact?