Samsung NX1

tombrown1

The big thing that the 2.0 aperture gives you is the ability to go wide open in low light without having to crank ISO so much - and that's why I'm considering this camera - along with the A7S (which has other issues) - I'm hoping low light stuff will be better.

NX500 could be just about perfect though - IF it has live video out. Also be nice if it had a cinematic color profile as an option. Those are still unknowns.

As for NX1/NX500 vs. your t6i - it's not even close:

Even though you don't need 4K for a final product, it allows you to downscale to pretty incredible looking 1080p - AND you can pull half-way decent looking stills from the video.

As for the cost - there are only a handful of guys making real livings at this - the rest of us are doing it for beer money right? A love of having the latest gadgets that help us to experience what human flight would be like is worth throwing a bad-ass camera on the credit card, right?

TB

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i've got a pretty good book of customers that might be happy to hear i'm flying again but as it is i don't need much more than the t6i could get me. if i get going again i'll need a new camera system, not just a new camera! if i don't operate professionally then it'll probably be a t6i for me.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
That's right Bart, the reality is there is nothing your camera wont give that the newer ones will with the exception of 4k, slightly higher DR and a better compression on video. But having said that, these are mostly specs for the spec happy and will not sell any better than the razor sharp photos coming out of your current gear. Perhaps a lighter camera packed with more features would give you smaller heli requirements and slightly longer flight times but who cares? Plus your camera is native to some of the best lenses out there. I just traded in my Canon 7d for the Sony A7s and although it is an amazing camera for what I use it for, I really miss being able to use canon EF glass natively with it. The adapter makes AF useless and things dont always work normally.

Last edited by a moderator:

skypyro

I was looking at it but it all seems to hinge on how long we will have to wait for 265 NLEs technology to benefit from shorter rendering times, but I have no idea how long in coming that will be and by the time that arrives in earnest there will probably be other newer cameras coming along given the speed this technology is going. GH4 it is for now