RTF to reverse engineer

Zeke

Hey guys. So my impatience got to me and I ordered myself an Rtf. I know that building saves money and grants insight in how the MR works, however I'd rather get a working product and reverse engineer it to gain that insight. I'll probably hear about how I made the wrong move but I think I made the right decision for me. I'll most likely build the next after I get a firm understanding on how everything runs. Anyhow, here's what I got for my Early birthday / late Christmas present to myself:

RTF DJI F450 w/NAZA and GPS
Futaba 7C + R617FS
Turing 2650 mAh 3s and 5000 mAh batteries
And a Hyperion charger

I will be buying some APC's or Graupners in a few days.

Anything I missed?

Dixter

Just make sure you read the manual about 4 times and understand what the Naza is going to do before you go out..... You will still need to hook it all up to the software and understand all of the settings.... don't rush it... just make sure you understand whats going to happen when you put power on it.... also make sure the builder sends you the serial number for the Naza... you have to have it to get into the software

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomstoy2

I see nothing wrong with your approach. It looks like, by your list, that you have done your homework. Component list is good.

Feel free to ask questions.

JG-rn

I did the exact same thing. Figured get one already setup and dialed in and then tinker with it and learn how to do it myself.

I bought:
f450 w/ naza gps
t-motor 2216 upgrade
graupner 9" props
(4) Hyperion 4s 3300mah batteries
devo 10 Tx/Rx
powerlab 6 charger.

In addition I just ordered an fpv setup.

Zeke

Cool. Feeling better now. I am going to give myself some time to learn to fly and my wallet to fill back up before I think of an fpv system. However I was thinking of a second hand gopro for recording and fpv. 9 inch props? I'm pretty sure it's running 750kv motors.

I just switched my F550 Naza Futaba receiver over to the same R617FS..... had everything working 100% using the previous 8 channel R6208 using s.bus......
My challenge now is to get the fail safe working when I turn off the transmitter using the R617FS.....
In reviewing the RC system manual for the 8FG Super, I see a comment on page 64 under Fail Safe stating the following.....

FASST 7CH mode: channel 3 only....... that might be causing me the grief...

Anyone know of another way to a achieve failsafe mode when the transmitter is turned off?