Remote trigger for Sony NEX-5n

Dr.phil

What do you guys use to remotely trigger you nex-5n?
What lens do you recommend for this camera for aerial photography/video

Thanks

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
What do you guys use to remotely trigger you nex-5n?
What lens do you recommend for this camera for aerial photography/video

Thanks

I use the GentLED to trigger the shutter, there are other alternatives out there.

Problem with the 5N is there aren't that many lenses available for it.I use the 18 - 55 kit lens the most and I also have the 16mm wide angle. I've used the 16 for APV but I think it has almost a GoPro like distortion at the edges so I tend to stay with the bigger lens.

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
DJ's shutter release mod is an option as well. he's got the directions posted at the photoshipone.com website

it allows you to wire the shutter to a switch that you can control with a servo channel. once done, it works great.

View attachment 4602

Attachments

• IMG_9771.jpg
    IMG_9771.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 448

Dr.phil

Thanks guys!
One more thing, I haven't bought the camera yet, but will soon
Just noticed that there is no composite output on the nex-5n!
How do connect your down link systems?

Last edited by a moderator:

bfrogner

The cool thing with the Stratosnapper from LittleSmartthings on the NEX is that it supports both video on/off and shutter release, assign the trigger to a 3-way switch, works great, quite useful to toogle between photo and video while in flight. Drawback: works only for NEX right now (as far as I'm aware)

--Berndt

vislaw

You have to either use a separate small camera for framing purposes or you need to get an HDMI converter. There are a couple threads here on the latter subject if you go that way.

Thanks guys!
One more thing, I haven't bought the camera yet, but will soon
Just noticed that there is no composite output on the nex-5n!
How do connect your down link systems?