re: FPV ANTI-Vibration Multifunction Landing Skid on a F550

R1031

I just got some and installed on my 550, only one test flight w/o FPV equipment. I noticed some difference in flight but not much and was wondering how these fly with a full load ( vTx,GoPro,vTx 1000mha battery) I'm using stock motors,esc's,10" props, and 4S bat.

I've flew this 550 for about 2yrs with the same setup less the skids on 3S and got 6~8 min flights with landings without the first level red flashing. I'm thinking I should do a little better with the 4S's.

Last edited by a moderator:

PCMAerial

The weight of the landing skid shouldn't have TOO much effect on your rig. They are fairly light until the fpv/liPos are added, not much extra added to a full payload. BUT I will say watch out for the landing skid to "flex" upon impact. I was bringing down my rig at around 10% throttle, and when it landed on the ground it flexed causing my camera to smash on the pavement. Should have landed with less momentum, but a solid CF landing skid would have taken the impact easy. But it's a cheaper landing skid so that comes with the territory. Goodluck happy flying!