RCT S800 vs. DJI S800

adanac

I don't know that I am familiar with all the complaints about the S800 apart from arm flex but was wondering if RCTimers avoided some of those pitfalls when they made their clone. Why buy an RCT S800 instead?

Your terrific observations to follow!

I don't know that I am familiar with all the complaints about the S800 apart from arm flex but was wondering if RCTimers avoided some of those pitfalls when they made their clone. Why buy an RCT S800 instead?

Your terrific observations to follow!

"cables" in RCT 800 arms are really bad and soldering is also really bad.

I had both units for a few months. There are several revisions of both units. The rctimer I had was using stiffer plastic and was vibrating much less than the V2 S800. The soldering was bad and it was using thinner wire in the arms but I did not notice any performance issues because of it. The center plates were a 100% copy of DJI original. The rctimer landing gear was of lower build quality. The rctimer frame was a better performer due to the fast switching simonk esc's.
All in all two pieces of plastic junk. The clone is better though.

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
rct800 is the one without integrated esc and such. the rctimer f800 is the clone. just clarifying that for anyone viewing.

I own most of the rct800 and the plastic is stiffer than dji f450/550 arms. Better for lifting IMO. Have not crashed them so cant vouch for durability