R7008SB S-Bus with NAZA?

paulhat

Hi All,

I apologise if this question has been asked before. Tried a search.

I am trying to get my NAZA working with Futaba's R7008SB receiver but no luck.
Have set the receiver to "D" mode and am using the channel 8 output.

Can anyone give me some help on what I could possibly be doing wrong?
I read on another thread that the Naza will not work with this receiver but couldn't find any other info to back this up.

Transmitter is 18MZ and I am powering the receiver from naza.

Regards,

Paul.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Channel 8? I have a receiver a few models below you, and under the channel 8 Slot is an S-Bus slot. Now on some of these receivers, you have to change the mode using the mode button to put it into S-BUS mode. Have you checked your manual on how to change the setting?

paulhat

Hi Mate.

yeah I have changed the mode to "D" mode.
The receiver supports 4 different modes and I figured D mode would be the one to use.
As far as the correct slot to use....there are 2 S-bus ports on the R7008SB. One is for S-bus and the other S-bus2.
Port 8 is the standard S-bus port.

Paul.

paulhat

Yep I selected D-bus in the assistant.
One question - When you click on the "write" button in the assistant, what do you see?
On mine you click write and the symbol goes red for half a second. I am wondering if I am writing to the NAZA at all.
I know there is communication between the NAZA and mu computer as I can see tilt angles change in the calibration page.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Sounds about right, one thing I notice is the green LED on the VU flicks too, and I think the Naza Led will blink.

Not being to familiar with the receiver, I am not being much help otherwise. Hope someone will jump in shortly and help you out some.

paulhat

I didn't check to see if the VU flicked during a write. Will check that tonight. Thanks for the information.

Paul.

ChrisViperM

On the R7008SB there are 4 modes:

Mode A : Ch1 - Ch8 (traditional PWM connection via normal servo plugs)
Mode B : S-Bus / Ch1 - Ch7 (Ch8 connection becomes S-Bus port)....S-Bus has a lot more channels, but only when you use S-Bus programmable servos....
Mode C : Ch9 - Ch 16 (traditional PWM connection via normal servo plugs, connector Ch1 becomes Ch9, Connector Ch2 becomes Ch10....)
Mode D : S-Bus / Ch9 - Ch15 (Ch8 connection becomes S-Bus port)....S-Bus has a lot more channels, but only when you use S-Bus programmable servos....

In general: If you are using S-Bus, the traditional PWM connectors are a mirror of the S-Bus channels....
DO NOT plug anything into port S-Bus2.....this is a bi-directional channel only for Futaba telemetrie sensors

All DJI products (WooKong, Naza, Zenmuse) use channel 1-8 when connected via S-Bus....no way to change that since the channels are fixed in the code of DJI products.
If you use just one DJI product via S-Bus, set the receiver (when using the R7008SB - to Mode B, if you connect it via PWM (traditional) set it to Mode A

When using two DJI products (example Wookong + Zenmuse) you need 2 receivers....one product (mostly the flight control) can be connected via S-Bus (Mode B) and the second DJI product hase to be connected via PWM (traditional) servo plugs in Mode C.

Since 2x R7008SB are pretty expensive, I use the following set-up (WooKong M + Zenmuse on DJI S800):

Receiver 1: any one of these:

http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=51
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=136
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=129

All are S-Bus compatible and are the same link-quality like Futaba receivers

Receiver 2: R7008SB in Mode C, connected via PWM servo cables

Chris

Nicodema

Hi Chris,

Sorry to drag this back up, but as you saw in the V2 thread I'd like to know if anyone is getting any traction with the setup I'd like to use.

I have a T14SG, R7008SB and Naza-M v1 (with GPS). I want to run in Mode B or Mode D and use the SBUS port(8), but I get no response from the Naza if I do.

Any ideas?

Martyn

oktay1

I have the same problem as you Martyn. It works as the second receiver as Chris explained but, on its own, with S-bus, no way, it is not working... I would love if someone can prove me wrong.. ;-)

tppeng

I have put some time into testing this and afaik, unfortunately, NAZA-M still does not support a S.BUS2 receiver. Same thing happens to WKM before the SBUS2 was supported. I guess 7008SB's sbus port protocol is somewhat different from a regular sbus.

This receiver works flawlessly after the official support of SBUS2 on the WKM, not the NazaM yet... You will have to use traditional receiver connection to get NazaM recognizing this receiver. Ain't matter MODE A,B,C, or D, sbus on this will not work with NAZA.

ChrisViperM

Sorry....somehow missed your post.

If you want to use S.Bus, it has to be in mode B because NAZA uses channels 1 - 8.....mode D would use channels 9 - 15 which is useless for NAZA.

Questions:

Are T14 and R7008SB bound together properly (green light on R7008) ?
Are you on Naza-M Assistant Software v1.8 / Naza-M Firmware v2.02 ?
Is S-Bus cable coming from 8/SB port connected to X2 on Naza ?
Did you try different Modulations in your T14SG (FASST Multi, FAST 7 Ch,.......) ?
Is your Connection Type in the Assistant Software set to D-Bus ?
Did you try to set the R7008 to Mode A and connect the Receiver / Naza in the traditional way (1 cable for each channel) ?

In case you have troubles with setting the Modes on the R7008, this might shed some light: http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t679874p1/

I am aware that there are a few reports on different forums about the R7008SB having problems with NAZA.....on my WooKong's they are working fine, but I still changed over to Frsky receivers....much cheaper, no troubles and same range and reliability.
If you can't get the Naza to work with S-Bus, it should work in any case in Traditional mode.....

Chris

oktay1

Hi Chris,
My answers to all your questions are "yes" and it still is not working with S.Bus:) I got an f6303sb receiver and connected with s-bus and all worked. wiring all ports seperately would work too but I needed another receiver anyway so got this one.
I know that R7008SB is working with WKM, but based on my experience, it is not working with NAZA.

Nicodema

Chris,

thanks for the reply, answers in the quote...

Sorry....somehow missed your post.

If you want to use S.Bus, it has to be in mode B because NAZA uses channels 1 - 8.....mode D would use channels 9 - 15 which is useless for NAZA.

++ makes sense, I'd read the manual wrong, as if the mode D only reassigned the PWM, not the sbus channels.

Questions:

Are T14 and R7008SB bound together properly (green light on R7008) ?

++ yes

Are you on Naza-M Assistant Software v1.8 / Naza-M Firmware v2.02 ?

++ yes

Is S-Bus cable coming from 8/SB port connected to X2 on Naza ?

++ yes

Did you try different Modulations in your T14SG (FASST Multi, FAST 7 Ch,.......) ?

No, I am using FASSTest for the Rx voltage and main pack voltage

Is your Connection Type in the Assistant Software set to D-Bus ?

++ yes

Did you try to set the R7008 to Mode A and connect the Receiver / Naza in the traditional way (1 cable for each channel) ?

++ I am running in traditional with 6 cables but this seems patently dumb when the systems on paper should support sbus/dbus on a single cable while allowing me to use a couple of PWM channels from the R7008SB for other stuff, and FASSTest telemetry.

In case you have troubles with setting the Modes on the R7008, this might shed some light: http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t679874p1/

++ Yeah, the manual being wrong doesn't help set the Rx up, but the servo check helps sanity check it, so yes I did get it in the right mode.

I am aware that there are a few reports on different forums about the R7008SB having problems with NAZA.....on my WooKong's they are working fine, but I still changed over to Frsky receivers....much cheaper, no troubles and same range and reliability.

++ yes, I'm aware they fixed the WKM, but not the Naza yet. I hope that they do in the 3.x firmware.

If you can't get the Naza to work with S-Bus, it should work in any case in Traditional mode.....

Chris

ChrisViperM

Sorry to hear that nothing worked out for you. Last chance would be to upgrade to the latest NAZA firmware (just to see if it is working) although there are issues with the FW 3.1...

With the previous receiver ( R6308SB, also S-Bus2 receiver ) you could change between normal /high speed modus, and in normal modus it did work with NAZA. On the newer version R7008SB there is no more option to change normal /high speed modus....so I suspect they only run in high speed modus, and NAZA simply doesn't understand what the receiver is "saying"....

I guess the R7008SB came together with your T14SG, but just spend the few $$ on a Frsky receiver and save yourself the headache....

Chris

tppeng

Somehow my reply was completely ignored...NAZA does not support R7008SB and any FASSTest receiver YET. future firmware might fix the problem the way they did to WKM, but as far as we are right now, you may only use it as traditional receiver type with NAZA.

Again, it does not matter which mode of the receiver you choose, the SBUS port and SBUS2 port on 7008 apparently are not being recognized by NAZA FC

Nicodema

I heard you tppeng, cheers.

Chris, do FrSky do an 8 channel Rx with FASSTest, at least for an external voltage input? If so, I'll try that

cheers

martyn

pear

it's been a couple of months...

I heard you tppeng, cheers.

Chris, do FrSky do an 8 channel Rx with FASSTest, at least for an external voltage input? If so, I'll try that

cheers

martyn
Any updates on this topic? has ANYONE been able to get R7008 working with SBUS for their NAZA. Thanks

Hi Paulhat

I too have an 18MZ & none of the S Bus connections worked with NAZA V2. I use traditional setup & connect all the channels as recommended by DJI.