power it up on the bench, without having it hooked up to a Multi yet?! I
tried a 6V receiver pack that I use on my cars, but nothing really
happened?! I plugged it in to the main unit. I also tied a 7.2V 6cell
NiMh pack on the VU or VI or whatever it is called, ha ha and I only got
blinking red LED?! Is the Wookong "better" when it comes to FOD and
stuff like that?!

thanks,

G
p.s. I just saw a bunch of threads starting with, "NAZA not working, NAZA flipping, NAZA weird throws" and so on"?!?! What is up with that?! Having owned a Skookum SK720 and a bunch of other electronics, I understand that almost every single thread about each component has a million threads like that, but did I buy the right stuff?! Should I have gotten the Wookong-M instead?! Or does the support forum look the same?! I haven't checked yet...

olof

Osprey
I would use whatever Lipos you plan to use in the MR. I use 3cel lots of others us 4cel.

Why do you need to hook the Naza w/o a MR attached? I usually hook it up the first time when the MR is complete, but w/o props installed. You really need your TX/RX, ESCs and motors hooked up in order to check everything is working correctly.

I have 2 Nazas and a WKM, no problems with flips. I think a lot (maybe not all, but most) flips are installation/pilot error. Like installing the wrong props on the motors or having the wrong direction on the motors.

neavissa

I would use whatever Lipos you plan to use in the MR. I use 3cel lots of others us 4cel.

Why do you need to hook the Naza w/o a MR attached? I usually hook it up the first time when the MR is complete, but w/o props installed. You really need your TX/RX, ESCs and motors hooked up in order to check everything is working correctly.

I have 2 Nazas and a WKM, no problems with flips. I think a lot (maybe not all, but most) flips are installation/pilot error. Like installing the wrong props on the motors or having the wrong direction on the motors.

Hi,

thanks for the reply! I am going to run it with 6s, but I have no connectors on my packs yet, so I cannot use them. I also like to test the unit on the bench before I instal it. I read that some units were shipped with some kind of fault, so it is not such a bad idea to test them on the bench! I thought you can hook up a normal 6v receiver pack to it, but I guess I was wrong...

I agree with you that most "problems" people have with their equipment, is to 90% their fault! I learned that form having Flybarless units!

thanks,

G

olof

Osprey
Just use alligator clips and sharp pins on the Lipos, just be careful not to short the leads.