Quick Mounting Solution With No Gimbal?

PCMAerial

Hey everyone, back with another thread!

So I've got a possible job lined up for Monday next week that requires a decent photo camera. Lately I've been using my GoPro and suction mount for basic AP photos (no gimbal YET). I purchased a Sony rx100 to get the job done. I've been researching and plotting of the best way to mount my point and shoot to my hex(f550). Anyone have any tips or tricks to effectively mount a camera with no gimbal? Perhaps from a hardware store, or US shipping?

I've seen alot about the gopro tripod mount with a 1/4-20 adapter to the camera's hotshoe. But they all seem to ship from China/HongKong and I can't wait that long. Time crunch here to find an appropriate way to mount the camera. No video just photo work for one day (5 photos max)

My goal is to attach gopro suction mount, attach SOME sort of tripod/hotshoe adapter, and then attach that into the hotshoe of my camera for simple AP photos.

Any of you guys experienced this problem before, or found the solution? Thanks

PCMAerial

So I just looked at the camera and realized it has NO hot shoe. Crap. Now my only mounting option is in the bottom tripod screw on the camera. Anyone familiar with this type of setup?

Toymaker

Crashologist
Masking tape! :nevreness: I taped my cell phone to my quad and it worked just fine! If you use quality tape it won't leave a residue either.

PCMAerial

Masking tape! :nevreness: I taped my cell phone to my quad and it worked just fine! If you use quality tape it won't leave a residue either.

Hmm I may have to resort to this. Lol, great idea actually.

I've been researching, and considering one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Smallrig-Thre...1/4"+Male+to+1/4"+Male+Threaded+Screw+Adapter

I would connect the adapter into the tripod mount on my rx100, connect that to the gopro tripod mount, and then connect the tripod mount to my gopro suction cup (in theory). Tape may be my next best solution if I order these parts on a time crunch and it fails

bfretless

Think about mounting the camera upside-down, direct to the frame. Then rotate the images 180 degrees after the shoot.

PCMAerial

Think about mounting the camera upside-down, direct to the frame. Then rotate the images 180 degrees after the shoot.

Yup! Will definitely have to mount it upside down now that I realize there is no hot shoe. Can't figure out how to mount direct to the frame without some sort of attachment. Hoping a 1/4 screw will fit both ways