Quadcopter Problem

Multinoob

Hi there guys. I'm a noob in this whole quadcopter generation. I live in South Africa and help this side is hard to come by as they changed the rule about quads in this country. This is why i am looking abroad.

Parts i purchased from Hobbyking

1)H-King Orca 280mm FPV Ready Quad Copter Frame
2)Quanum MT Series 1806 2300KV Brushless Multirotor Motor Built by DYS
3)Afro ESC 12Amp OPTO Ultra Lite Multi-rotor Motor Speed Controller (SimonK Firmware) Version 3
5)CC3D Controller
6)Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver (Mode 2)
7)6030 Carbon Fiber Propellers CW and CCW Rotation (1 pair)
8)Tunigy 2200 Lipo 35C

I have set up everything and did the open pilot calibration but when i try to lift of the quad is very unstable( maybe 2 inches from the ground) then after about 2-5 seconds the motors speeds up and flips. Every time. Sounds like a massive vibration from motors or some of them. Any ideas??? Will see if i can upload a picture and video later.

Thank you in advance

Multinoob

Yes i did. The motors spins up all at same time. i will try to load a video. Its difficult to explain. Don't know all the terms in the multirotor world. lol. Still googling as i go.

Thanks for the reply.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
If it's all connected right and the throttle ranges are set, it could be one or more of the ESCs. Do they feel pretty hot, even after just a few seconds flying/or revving in your case. :) I haven't had a good time with those little Afro ESCs in the past myself, but that was a while ago and they weren't SimonK flashed like your, which should make them a bit better.
It it's not them it's most likely the CC3D Controller setup, which I've never tried. It's a pity you're not in the UK, I often have people pop over so we can tinker with their drones and get them flying. :)

Multinoob

I have had a look at it again and i came across that one of the motors gets a little hot after a few seconds. I tested all the esc with one motor and i think all is ok. Don't yet have all the correct tools and gadgets. The motot that gets a little hot has a feint whistling sound as well. It also stops very quickly compared to the others that still spins for a while. I think the motor is bad or maybe 2 of them. If i hold the quad in my hand and power it up its wobbly ( with props). ( i think its the motor thats bad.) When i tilt the quad in certain ways the motors speed up to level it again so i think the cc3d is working correctly. (i think).

Multinoob

Thanks. i will have to wait and get some other motors and test agian. I read up about the motor on the net and see that it doesn't have a good rep. Should have checked before buying. School money i guess. At least i have 3 motors for another project. lol

Thank you again for the info.
Best of luck to you