Prop Balancing

rwilabee

I have a prop balancer and I'm wondering what the best way is to balance the props as far as where to remove the heavy side from. I've balanced wood props before but never plastic.

Thanks
Rich

Efliernz

Pete
What I do is use a "Stanley knife" type blade. I keep the blade 90 deg to the prop surface (so it doesn't slice into the prop) and I scrape across / centre-to-tip. It removes very very thin shavings. I find sandpaper doesn't work well on plastic. I use my techinque on plastic and APC props.

After using my Dubro balancer for 20 years, I still find it the best when comparing it to the cheap devices co-modellers bring around to my cave!

Pete

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Dubro is also my choice !!! I use car foils were i punctured out little circles from with the hole puncher and stick them on the bottom prop side to balance them out. I dont like working with sandpapier on the actuall prop wings. When it comes to the prop shaft i start working on it with sandpaper. These methods with using super glue or adding other material that hardly come off again i dont agree with.

rwilabee

Great idea...

Rich

Dubro is also my choice !!! I use car foils were i punctured out little circles from with the hole puncher and stick them on the bottom prop side to balance them out. I dont like working with sandpapier on the actuall prop wings. When it comes to the prop shaft i start working on it with sandpaper. These methods with using super glue or adding other material that hardly come off again i dont agree with.