Hoverfly problems connecting to HFP board

octocine

I flashed the latest firmware successfully, but I have been unable to connect my PC successfully in the setup utility. For some reason the purple LED no longer flashes when I connect via USB. I have tried re-installing the driver several times. When I try to connect in the setup utility, the program indicates I am "connected" and the artificial horizon in the setup utility spins and twirls rapidly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
try this first please, plug the usb into your computer, do not run the HoverClient yet at this point, plug the other end of the USB into the HF PRO board, wait for the purple LED to flash, run the HoverClient, go to the tab you want to work under, then click connect.

if you click connect too soon, it screws everything up, the board tries to connect but nothing that you see is valid. never click connect unless you've given the board ample time to go through its routins and flash a purple LED.

bart

octocine

Thanks Bart. After many hours of trying, reading and following directions explicitly, I finally found the answer. If anyone else has similar problems where the setup utility indicates that you are connected, but you can't get the purple blinking LED then try to reverse the switch positions when it calls for setting in position one and two. This finally solved it for me.