Hoverfly Pressure Sensor Foam - How to mount

ghaynes

Finally got everything setup on my Cinestar as I change from an MK stack to HF. Trying to dial in AH. Got a bit exciting the first couple of settings as it shot for the moon.

On the MK they have always suggested foam over the pressure sensor (different design) and it makes a difference as it dampens the response. So I want to try a piece of foam on the HF but am scratching my head on how to hold it on. I've got a small piece of Double Sided tape for a temporary fix. But would like to hear what others may have done to mount the foam.

I'll add the GPS board this weekend so maybe I can just sandwich it into place?

Thanks

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
double sided tape is ok. Just don't cover the hole in the pressure sensor with anything other than foam. Since I use the HoverflyGPS all of the time, I just have a piece wedged between the pressure sensor and bottom of the HoverflyGPS.

For altitude hold. Make sure you have v4.6r2 flashed. Then make sure to re-calibrate your accelerometer (with v4.6.0.2 of the setup client). Check that your artificial horizon is level.

Also, read the release notes for v4.6 r2
https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/entries/22409152-pro-gps-firmware-setup-update-v4-6

Finally got everything setup on my Cinestar as I change from an MK stack to HF. Trying to dial in AH. Got a bit exciting the first couple of settings as it shot for the moon.

On the MK they have always suggested foam over the pressure sensor (different design) and it makes a difference as it dampens the response. So I want to try a piece of foam on the HF but am scratching my head on how to hold it on. I've got a small piece of Double Sided tape for a temporary fix. But would like to hear what others may have done to mount the foam.

I'll add the GPS board this weekend so maybe I can just sandwich it into place?

Thanks

ghaynes

Thanks George. Installed the GPS board and ran through all calibration tonight except the compass. Will do that tomorrow.