POSTING VIDEO: XHover MXP300 FPV Racing Quadcopter Preview at AMA Expo 2015

Lucidity

UFO Pilot

We actually met Daniel Sandoval several weeks prior to AMA Expo at the UAVSA Drone Expo in Los Angeles. We had a few minutes to chat and he showed us his aircraft, but we didn't actually have time to do an interview with him. So, I was glad to see that he turned out for AMA Expo, giving us the opportunity for a full segment.

As a guy who perpetually asks the question (and you can verify this with Techinstein), “Can't we make it just a little bit bigger?” I trust you can see why I love the idea behind the MXP300: it's like Sandoval's MXP230... Just a little bit bigger.

Based on everything we saw, it looks every bit as stout and agile as its little brother, with the added advantage of folding limbs to make it even more compact for transport. Also, Daniel used a clever little locking mechanism so that even if the thumb screws work themselves loose in flight, the limb won't fold up and crash your bird. Me like. Me want.

As you witnessed in the video, Techinstein actually crashed an MXP230 it inside the flight cage, having been caught off-guard by a hybrid stability-acrobatic mode that the on board NAZE flight control system was running. It hit the concrete floor – hard - scattering propeller blades like confetti, but the frame was absolutely none the worse for the encounter.

Daniel actually gave us a MXP230 ARF kit to do a full review, so you should be seeing that here before too long. It rode home to Oregon alongside Raven in her GoProfessional case, tucked in snugly with her undercarriage.