Platform to hold 2 transmitters and an FPV monitor

Hi all,

I want to construct a platform (for want of a better word) to hold two transmitters and an FPV monitor, like the girl does in this video:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24709180

I've just fitted a Zenmuse15 to my S800 EVO and I want to have everything at my fingertips..
Has anyone built a good one? (with a tutorial video :)

Thanks.......
Louis

Hey Maverick, thanks for the quick response.. That's exactly what I'm looking for, but I need to carry two TXs.. Is that what you've got around your neck in your avatar? :)

Maverick

Yes, this is what I use - not sure if it will work with two Tx's though...??
Infinity-hobby also do them as well.

Hi just checking in here.
In the video she is jut having one tax for controlling the camera and he is the operator.

Are you thinking of having two so you can control the camera with one and the other the multi rotor?

Can't you then just use the slide levers that a Futaba 14SG have for example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi just checking in here.
In the video she is jut having one tax for controlling the camera and he is the operator.

Are you thinking of having two so you can control the camera with one and the other the multi rotor?

Can't you then just use the slide levers that a Futaba 14SG have for example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Quantumlight, I use 8 controls for the Zenmuse, more than the 14SG can handle.. even with 1-person operation I still need to be able to activate the camera shutter and turn video on and off.. Here's my setup:
http://www.odwyer.net/~copterfilms/index_htm_files/2 transmitters.pdf

Cheers,
Louis

Yes, this is what I use - not sure if it will work with two Tx's though...??
Infinity-hobby also do them as well.

Thanks for that, I ordered one from Infinity-Hobby (Fast-Lad had no straps in stock). I can do a bit of DIY (or bricolage, as we call it in French!) and add the 2nd TX to it, for those times when I am flying alone..

Hi Quantumlight, I use 8 controls for the Zenmuse, more than the 14SG can handle.. even with 1-person operation I still need to be able to activate the camera shutter and turn video on and off.. Here's my setup:
http://www.odwyer.net/~copterfilms/index_htm_files/2%20transmitters.pdf

Cheers,
Louis

Ya i Guessed so. the reason I pointed it out was hat it is a bit of a one man band kind of style if you going to have that much control over it. You have to let go of the controls for the multirotor to handle the camera.
even with GPS hold etc you will have to be static or drift if you dont use the gps to navigate around.

Just thinking it is a risk of not compensate if something happens. in 2 seconds it can go really bad.
But i guess if you have them close the dally wont be to long.

I hope you find out a good solution.

Ya i Guessed so. the reason I pointed it out was hat it is a bit of a one man band kind of style if you going to have that much control over it. You have to let go of the controls for the multirotor to handle the camera.
even with GPS hold etc you will have to be static or drift if you dont use the gps to navigate around.

Just thinking it is a risk of not compensate if something happens. in 2 seconds it can go really bad.
But i guess if you have them close the dally wont be to long.

I hope you find out a good solution.

Ha ha! You're quite right - 2 seconds and it can go REALLY bad! :)
I plan on having the S800 TX right in front of me (so I can give it my full concentration) and the Zenmuse TX just to the right.
On the Zenmuse TX, I might move the shutter switch over to the left of the TX and reassign the pan stick for tilting the camera up and down (all I should need when flying with the Zenmuse in Orientation-locked mode).
The logic of this is that those three controls will be right next to my right hand.
Then when I have a camera operator I just take the Zenmuse TX off and he/she uses it...

Maverick

Thanks for that, I ordered one from Infinity-Hobby (Fast-Lad had no straps in stock). I can do a bit of DIY (or bricolage, as we call it in French!) and add the 2nd TX to it, for those times when I am flying alone..

It ain't gona be light... You could maybe mount the second Tx on the top shelf, and have one of those little Tarot monitor mount brackets, holding your monitor onto that Tx...???

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/product_info.php?products_id=8811