Plane avoids "drone".....AGAIN!

econfly

There is always something that can fail. The barometer can fail too. I'm sure flyaways happen, but probably not as often as people claim.

Mattmesa

I agree that electronics can fail, I really don't think that is actually the big issue, I feel it is the human component. First you have the media that like to villainize inanimate objects and the millions of people that listen to them. Second, there are the people who push any limit just to see if they can without thinking. I currently don't have all of the high end control features and still have a lot of fun, I just want to continue to have this ability.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
If I were God for a day the bleeding Phantom would be abolished. A curse on the poxy damn thing and the great ignorant unwashed that are able to afford it.

The Phantom is now a very useful tool. I have MANY large rigs and I own a Phantom 3 Pro that I use quite often when it does not make sense to take a large rig out, or is unsafe to fly a large rig. The availability is the problem not the unit.

ALSO, I'm really questioning these reports. I have a friend who got clearance and flew a Cesnna at 120 mph at 100 feet across the runway with a LARGE onto hovering 50 feet to the left of the runway at 80 - 90 feet. With 4 go pro's running at 60p/1080 pointing out the front and both sides of the airplane, you could not see the Octo when he passed, I mean AT ALL... so for pilots to be flying at 200 - 400 MPH and see a phantom?

I'm asking him for the video , I know he uses it for presentations, but perhaps he will let me use a link...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
............. so for pilots to be flying at 200 - 400 MPH and see a phantom.........

in the landing phase large jets are flying anywhere from about 125 kts to 170 kts........depending on how close they pass they might be able to make out the color and shape of a quadcopter (I've flown past balloons coming down final and have been able to make out color and shape) and the fact that the movement of a multi-rotor helicopter is so different from a bird makes it entirely possible that the pilots would be able to positively identify it as a "drone".