Photohigher's Gracious Gimbal Giveaway!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
It is with great pleasure that I announce our latest contest, complete with a world-class prize, open for everyone registered with MultiRotorForums.com. Many many thanks to Kim from Photo Higher, LTD for sponsoring the contest and making available a camera gimbal for our winner. In fact, the winner of this contest will be able to choose (that's right, winner's choice!!) from the gimbals that are presently available from PhotoHigher, LTD!!

We've discussed this contest for a month or so now and the consensus seems to indicate we need to do a photo contest but that the photo submissions should have both our members and their craft together in the photo. As the photographer you will have to decide how to represent yourself and your multi-rotor helicopter but there shall be no photoshopping of heli's or pilots into the shots, they must both be there in whatever form when the actual photo is taken. Furthermore, computer enhancement of the photos should be limited to slight color, brightness, and/or contrast enhancements making composition the most important part of the photo.

So, without further ado, here are the rules. Keep in mind, I don't like to overemphasize a set list of rules so use your creativity to whatever extent you feel comfortable. Please do stay within the spirit of the contest though or your entry may not be considered in the final determination of a winner. :(

Rule #1. Only one entry is allowed and it must be submitted to me via email at contest@multirotorforums.com. Please let me know if you'd like me to keep your submission private or if I can post it before the entry period is closed.

Rule #2. Your entry should have both you and a multi-rotor helicopter in the photo. Whether you show shadows, reflections, faces, in-flight, grounded, crashed, etc. is up to you but everything in the photo needs to be there the moment the shutter is released.

Rule #3. Digital photo enhancement shall be limited to minor color, brightness, and contrast tweaks. We're interested in composition and creativity that is captured outside of the computerized realm. There is still plenty of room to be creative and artistic but it should mostly occur at the moment the photo is snapped.

Rule #4. Contest entries close on February 29th after which all of the submissions will be posted to the site. A contest jury will pick the top five entries and a poll will be set up so that our site membership can pick a final winner. Names will not be attached to the submissions until after a winner is picked.

EDIT (added from a later post) The photo shall be taken from a multi-rotor helicopter. The photo can either be taken from the air or with the heli on the ground but either way a shadow or reflection of the heli must be in the picture.

The photo must also have the pilot in the picture. It can be a straight on shot or a sillouette but it must be the pilot in the picture and the pilot must be responsible for the photo.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, I don't have a team of lawyers helping me to organize these contests so if there are inconsistencies with parts of the rules, we'll try to get them ironed out as soon as possible so as not to have a negative effect on anyone's entry. This is meant to be for fun and to possibly win a bad-*** camera gimbal. Let's all keep it fun and we'll address issues as they pop up.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Photo Higher, LTD for being so generous in donating a contest prize. To see what you might win, for a little motivation if you will, click the image below

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone!

Bart

Attachments

• RR Banner 001.jpg
    RR Banner 001.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 336
Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
With guys like Tabb out there perfecting long focal length aerials....can we make this a contest for worst aerial picture? :)

Mactadpole

Are there any rules for the title or description? Will you include a title and description? My vote would be to allow a title and maximum 2 sentence description? What do the rest of you think, should we just let the photo speak for itself?

Shawn

Bartman

for me personally I'd think titles and descriptions are unnecessary. How about we make them optional?

It was actually Droider who first approached Kim about sponsoring a contest. Given our spotless reputation, how could he refuse? :)

Thanks Dave!

Last edited by a moderator:

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Wow great sponsor and will allow to pic any gimbal :frog: ... well I guess i'll just try my best and join at least be part of this great contest. Rules sounds great and fun at the same time.

Efliernz

Pete
Thanks to all - Droider, Bart and Kim A especially :D

The imagination is rocking ahead now. So many options...
I think photos should be private until the end... let's see who has real imagination! I'm in the cr#p... :dejection:

Pete :highly_amused:

Bartman

Thanks to all - Droider, Bart and Kim A especially :D

The imagination is rocking ahead now. So many options...
I think photos should be private until the end... let's see who has real imagination! I'm in the cr#p... :dejection:

Pete :highly_amused:

Photos will remain private until the entries period closes unless someone really wants to post theirs. This ought to be interesting, can't wait to see the entries.

Will you guys need more time to get entries done? Is Feb 29th too soon to close entries?

Efliernz

Pete
29th is fine... as lomg as the weather doesn't poop on us! I have no objection if extentions are requested... ;)

Bartman

Let's hear it guys......should the close date be extended beyond the 29th? I don't want anyone missing out because they're already booked up for February.

Thanks,
Bart

Mactadpole

29th is good but I am fine if an extension is needed for others too.

So, just for clarification on my end, do we have to take the picture of ourselves with copter or can it be taken by someone else?

Shawn

Bartman

I've received an entry from Russia this morning and a couple of sample shots from South Africa I believe. The one from Russia appeared to be taken using a timer with the camera on the ground looking up at the pilot and multi. the ones from South Africa were taken by a photographer with the pilot facing away towards the flying heli. I must say, given our history with these contests and the attempts we've made to keep a level playing field, I'm inclined to say the photos must be taken by the pilot however it is that that can be done (aerial from the heli or on the ground from a tri-pod with a timer or other remote). If we allow a stand-alone photographer to do the photos then we run the risk of our professional members running away with this.

Opinions? It's early so let's hear what you've got to say. We may have to someday consider professional and amateur categories for these contests. :dejection:

Mactadpole

Well, for the shot I want to use it is just so much easier to have someone else take it vs. setting up a tripod with timer or intervalometer. And in the end there's not a whole lot of difference in my opinion between a camera on a tripod firing a pic every 5 seconds and someone standing in the same spot snapping away.

my 2¢
Shawn