Photo Higher HERO series camera gimbals

wbrown

These look very interesting. Direct drive motors will improve the accuracy heaps. Curious to know how these may perform with there new Skyline RSGS gyro.

Have a look here and another photo on twitter here

Kim has certainly been very busy.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I know of at least 4 Photohigher resellers in the USA and I've had parts sent directly from the factory in New Zealand to my house in Massachusetts so yes they will ship to the States as well as having dealers already here.

Waiting on a Skyline controller to see how much that improves the performance of my newer AV130, may put one on the older version as well...

Ken

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I recently ordered this gourmet waffle mix from texas and the Av130 from PH New Zealand. The AV130 got here (california) in 3 days and the waffle mix 7 days! If only a camera gimbal tasted good with syrup!

Kari

Looks really interesting upgrade for AV200. Anyone heard any prices for hero series or AV200 upgrade? I'm very much waiting stepper upgrade to CS gimbal, please FreeFly systems hurry up!!! ;)

Kari

Hi,

As the information is now official we can speak about the futur enhancement on AV 130/ AV200 motor.

Kimberley as worked on new gimbals (HERO) but he has also thought to the AV 130 and AV200. There will be an upgrade kit composed with this new motorization allowing a greater resolution and smooth movment for these gimbals.
The price will very high because the motor cost is ... well very high ... ( 260$ ONE motor if you buy it in bulk order)

The price of a Hero 2000 will be around 3000$, like the zenmuse but half the weight :)

Regarding the Skyline, It's available in pre order.
i have opened a thread here

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi 1001 Copters.

will the Skyline be driving the new HERO line gimbals or will they introduce another IMU solution for those direct drive motors ?

Thanks

Boris

wbrown

Hi,

As the information is now official we can speak about the futur enhancement on AV 130/ AV200 motor.

Kimberley as worked on new gimbals (HERO) but he has also thought to the AV 130 and AV200. There will be an upgrade kit composed with this new motorization allowing a greater resolution and smooth movment for these gimbals.
The price will very high because the motor cost is ... well very high ... ( 260$ ONE motor if you buy it in bulk order)

The price of a Hero 2000 will be around 3000$, like the zenmuse but half the weight :)

Regarding the Skyline, It's available in pre order.
i have opened a thread here

I wasn't expecting them to be cheap. Have you heard from Kimberley if there will be an attachable landing gear to give the 360 pan clear view?

I wasn't expecting them to be cheap. Have you heard from Kimberley if there will be an attachable landing gear to give the 360 pan clear view?

These gimbals are very new and we only have few info about it.
we don't spoke about landing gear for now. I can't say if it's programmed or not, sorry :/

mitmit

I suppose it will be ec45 dc motors - they are a bit cheaper actually (hehe:), especially when you buy in bulk order. I would say - price is comparable with good servo...
View attachment 3891

cheers
Dimitri

Attachments

• ec 45 dc motor.jpg
    ec 45 dc motor.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 311

hi,
stop thinking that a product is just the sum of his components first :)
When you build something for yourself, no matter the time you are passing on it: it doesn't cost you anything.
When you have a company and when you pay someone to devellop a product this has a cost,a mould for a piece is VERY costy, ...
So yes companies make profits but if you don't want to buy their products, don't buy it and build your own :)
Thor has showns that you can make beautiful videos with standard MK and DIY gimbal.

I was just like you before having a webshop, I was virulent on prices but then I discovered the other face and the famous "profits" you make selling products. I have 2 jobs, one during day and my webshop from 6pm to midnight and all weekend. I like this but it's a hard job and the famous "profits" are really intersting when you manufacture your own material.

But I won't convince you with words, perhaps one day you will start a buisness and you will discover the wonderfull world of the very bad and ugly merchants :D

So your the only respectful customer guy ?

well, DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS if you find it too costy and that's it :)
What can we say ? You think Photohighers's products and devellopment are sold too high, That's your point ofview (and the one of several customers) but I'm not doing the market, I don't fix the selling price nor the margin.

there are lots of things we can do in DIY but if you don't have time to devellop it then you have to pay someone else to do it.

mitmit

hi,
stop thinking that a product is just the sum of his components first :)
I personally dont think that way, I respect someone who spend into R&D also, as Kimberley does.
what I dont like is that kind of guys who buy something for $100 and then singing it costs him $300.
feel the difference?

ovdt

As long as this products stays as niche, the prices will continue to stay high. Otherwise, the company wouldn't survive.

But to be honest, I really find the 2500-3000 USD level quite high for hobbiest.