Phantom upgrade board 25P330CB-H3-2D

DennyR

I finally decided that I would buy one to play around with and got the latest stuff. So anybody else done the upgrade as I am not sure about a couple of things. With the old board you had to have a GCU V1 hub to run the H3-2D. But the upgrade board has ports for the gimbal and the Video output so I don't see why you would need it. The Video on the DJI site show only the old version. The other point is can the iOSD Mini be powered from this board?
Any Phantom experts out there?:tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

deluge2

Correct, without the upgrade board you had to stuff a PMU v2 (separate $65 purchase) and the GCU (included with baby Zen) into the Phantom shell. Neither of these is needed after the upgrade board is installed. The upgrade costs $70, about the same as the PMU v2. As to the iOSDmini, I don't think there is currently a straightforward way to install that at present. There are mentions of changes that would allow this (not sure what exactly would change, there's no open CANbus port). Adding a CANbus hub has been mentioned as a possible workaround, but I don't know if anyone's gotten that to work. Check Phantompilots, RCGroups and here.

Steve

I finally decided that I would buy one to play around with and got the latest stuff. So anybody else done the upgrade as I am not sure about a couple of things. With the old board you had to have a GCU V1 hub to run the H3-2D. But the upgrade board has ports for the gimbal and the Video output so I don't see why you would need it. The Video on the DJI site show only the old version. The other point is can the iOSD Mini be powered from this board?
Any Phantom experts out there?:tennis:

DennyR

Yeah thanks Steve, The new board has a built in GCU and PMU but I still need separate PS for iOSD.