Phantom + newbie pilot = OOPS!

Dewster

"Another one bites the dust..." If I lived near by I could hook it with my multirotor. :)

Agreed. Cost used to limit the occurrence of such incidents. Cheap drones allow everyone to get into the hobby. I'm thankful for the lower cost to get into multirotors. It wasn't too long ago that companies were selling ready to fly quads for $15,000 and up. Now you can have one ready to fly for less than $800.

It's a blessing and a curse.

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
Its all becoming clear now

PHANTOM=Plastic-Helicopter-And-Now-Tested-On-Morons

also OOPS = only -on -phantom shxxe

could there be another one maybe...................... dont justify investment

keith

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

That is taken from their web-page:

CHALLENGE Productions is a company specializing in the creation of film, music and video, from concept and execution to distribution.​
What’s so special about that? EVERYTHING!
Just because video is so immediate doesn’t mean it is simple to create. Talent and skill are required to make the most modest film or video production and make it believable. Talent is the key.

"Talent and skill are required.....Talent is the key....."

......so why don't they just get some ????

Chris

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
even better is the bit in the newspaper artical if you clicked the READ MORE from the paper itself

ie no Talent words like " the helicopter copped a feel etc " read the artical

you gotta laugh hahahaha

keith

ChrisViperM

New head-line:

DJI involved in an act of vandalism against the right breast of a statue in major capial city in the US......

hehehehehe......it's good to have a laugh any now and then

Chris

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
better headline

Comedien takes to the air to get a better feel of things or fondle maybe a better word

hahahaha

keith

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So.. He admits he was using it for a commercial application, by the sounds of it without permission to fly... WHY ARE THE FAA not jumping all over him to make an example I wonder.

See to county prosecutor is not sure what to do! Typical.

Just more amo for the anti's eh

Dave

tstrike

pendejo grande
In the article I read he said he was doing a project "pro bono". Show some respect, he did come from that cinematic pantheon known as Ohio State.
Dude doesn't need to worry about how to get it down, it is after all a phantom, give it some time and I'm sure it'll fly away all by itself...

Tomstoy2

Must not have been a river to dump it in when things went bad,,,,,, God, I kill me!!!! Seriously, right now, the only rule he violated it common sense. Definitely not as professional as he purports to be, allowing the wind to just blow the thing wherever. Could have blown it into somebody. We all know that things go bad in a hurry, no doubt. Besides his obvious lack of judgment, his flight plan should have included what to do in case,,,

RobertsUp

As a noobie myself I want to address the mishap a different way. I'm not qualified to hoot and laugh at the guy and point at where his Phantom ended up. Can the thread be turned around to be constructive? How would we use a more powerful MR to retrieve that Phantom? With a line and grappling hook? What if the Phantom were lodged tightly. Would we need a remote mechanism to sever the rescue line? Etc.

RobertsUp

My little suggestion: A stiff section of coat hanger bent to an L shape. The bottom of the L bent upwards. Tie a bowline knot loop at the top of the line. Slip that over the wire. Attach a weight to the snipped treble hook. If the Phantom is stuck then tilt the rescue craft and the line will slip off. No need to overengineer and think about servo thingys to detach the rescue line.

ChrisViperM

As a noobie myself I want to address the mishap a different way. I'm not qualified to hoot and laugh at the guy and point at where his Phantom ended up.

Robert, good statement. But the laugh was not about that he crashed his Phantom (we all did and still do, regardless of our skills), but the whole story arround: Big exitement in a little town, the place where he "landed" , the reaction of the sheriff and the fact that he claims to be a "professional"....one thing I can guarantee you: any serious beginner is as valuable to our forum as anybody else (we all started once).......if you got the jokes wrong, I appologise, but any now and then we just need a good laugh, after that we can find a way to get it down from the statue:

Chris