Hoverfly PH Throttle sensitive

Hi all,

Is it normal that the multirotor is sensitive to throttle inputs in PH mode?

I found today that when PH is activated the slightest bit of throttle input and the multirotor either goes skywards or it starts making its way down to the ground.

Regards,
Andre

Aerovideo

Hi all,

Is it normal that the multirotor is sensitive to throttle inputs in PH mode?

I found today that when PH is activated the slightest bit of throttle input and the multirotor either goes skywards or it starts making its way down to the ground.

Regards,
Andre

If I recall the PH activates altitude hold now, didn't use to be that way, so any throttle stick movements I think act as a change in altitude. However, it seems like there should be a bit of a deadband in there so it shouldn't be too sensitive.

Paul

Hi Paul,

That is exactly what I thought as well. I tested the altitude hold and there the dead band system works, but as soon as I switch to PH the dead band is gone and the throttle is back to normal.

I'm going to check the board on the setup software later, maybe something is not right.

Andre

mspencer1

The Altitude Hold feature does not activate with PH. It is kept separate on the Hoverfly. When you activate PH the Auto Leveling and Position Hold activate but not the altitude hold. Its on a separate switch. Even in the most current firmware (4.8) they did not change this.
Hi Paul,

That is exactly what I thought as well. I tested the altitude hold and there the dead band system works, but as soon as I switch to PH the dead band is gone and the throttle is back to normal.

I'm going to check the board on the setup software later, maybe something is not right.

Andre

Aerovideo

The Altitude Hold feature does not activate with PH. It is kept separate on the Hoverfly. When you activate PH the Auto Leveling and Position Hold activate but not the altitude hold. Its on a separate switch. Even in the most current firmware (4.8) they did not change this.

Ahh yes, that's right. Auto level activates with PH. I knew they combined something I just forgot which!

Guess that would explain your throttle sensitivity since it's not actually in AH mode.

Yes now it all makes sense, I'm going to play around to see if I can get it programmed into my Aurora 9. When I switch to PH the AH and AL will be active.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Regards,

Andre