Parallel Charging / Multiple Chargers

Dave_EP

I'm currently running a Thunder Power TP1430C from a TP1572PS power supply charging Tattu 16000 mha 6S batteries (24.2v) and I really need to be able to charge multiple batteries more quickly than the one at a time method is providing right now.

So, a couple of questions:

1) Can I add another TP1430C to the TP1572PS to charge in parallel or is this simply going to over stretch this PSU and I need to buy another PSU as well? I'm currently charging at a rate of 12.5 amps, but don't mind reducing this a little if it means I can run 2 at a time.

2) Assuming I need to buy another PSU, what other chargers should I be looking at? I can find lots of lower powered chargers (I even have on on the shelf unused!) but higher power chargers seem to be fewer in number, so recommendations welcome.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Hi Dave, you cant go wrong with either the iCharger 406 duo, iCharger4010 duo or the Powerlab chargers. I prefer the iChargers as you get two independent charging ports and each port is capable of charging at 40A with a total wattage of 1400! To do this though, you will need a very beefy PSU.

To give you a rough heads up, the 16Ah batteries require approx 400w of power each if charged at 1c. Allow another 50w or so for the actual charger and that should give you an idea of what PSU you need.

Dave_EP

@Carapau - Angus just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation. I've had this charger a while now and it's working out well. Much quieter than the ThunderPower :)

We should have a beer / coffee sometime :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Absoluteley! I just need to find a free day which even at weekends is proving hard!