XAircraft Overweight!

Highalander

Hi all, Having got the x650 V4 together and flying well everything working as it should. One little problem, after calculating the weight, X650 = 1045g, 4s 5000mah = 476g, gimble and go pro = 230g this comes out at 1751g. The recommended all up weight is 1600g! This is using wookong M,18amp ESCs and stock motors. anyone flying overweight and do you have any problems. I'm thinking of putting two lipos in parallel (2x3200) which would give me around 16 mins but adds 164g to overall weight. Your comments/thoughts are most welcome.

mr7o4

I was in the same boat not too long ago. How's the throttle range with 1751g on board (how much throttle do you need to maintain a hover - 50%, 75%, or more?). I'd worry about overheating the stock motors (which I did) and possibly some hard landings. I found that leaving yourself with such a small margin of power to ascend means that if you're coming down a little quick jamming the throttle up might not be enough to keep you in the air. The stock motors aren't the greatest - I'd consider going to the V8 configuration or possibly upgrading your four motors. I'd say ideally you should be able to hover with 50% throttle, give or take (not to say I'm necessary running at that)...

Highalander

Hi ty for reply, I can hover at 1/2 throttle but notice it takes a little more effort to make it lift or stop during decent. I have had a look at the torx brushless motors and these look good as the have a low current draw and more power. Yes the margin of power has decreased, and since I want to add FPV stuff, I will have to upgrade the motors. Was looking at these motors http://quadcopters.co.uk/torxpower-2216-pro-short-shaft-brushless-motor-800kv-125-p.asp as I already have 18Amp ESCs. they have more power and have a low current draw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Highalander

Last couple of flights have had the same problem towards end of flight. I get the white flashing signal which as the manual suggests is attitude fair and poor! I think this may be due to the weight 1740g, I may be wrong. using the stock motors. Anyone else have this happen during a flight?