+ or X?

nicwilke

I'm about to build (few weeks upon delivery) a droidworx hexa, and wondering what formation I build it as, + (one boom pointing ahead) or X (2 booms pointing in V shape ahead). Is there an advantage of either? I am guessing theres no difference other than the X setup is better for some wider angle lenses.
Any comments welcome.

Efliernz

Pete
I'm waiting too... the motors and ESC's are sitting quietly in a box in the shed...

Mine will be stock +. I have looked at the X option and measured-up how wide the motors will be in relation to the camera FOV and I think they will be in frame with severe fwd-tilt of the copter in both cases. I've designed my diy camera mount with 30-deg pan side-to-side (by the camera operator) like I already have on my diy octo. I am waiting for to have the final beast assembled (so I can confirm measurements) before I cut the mount. But first... I need the kit ;)

Pete

nicwilke

I'm waiting too... the motors and ESC's are sitting quietly in a box in the shed...

Mine will be stock +. I have looked at the X option and measured-up how wide the motors will be in relation to the camera FOV and I think they will be in frame with severe fwd-tilt of the copter in both cases. I've designed my diy camera mount with 30-deg pan side-to-side (by the camera operator) like I already have on my diy octo. I am waiting for to have the final beast assembled (so I can confirm measurements) before I cut the mount. But first... I need the kit ;)

Pete
What are you waiting on Pete? I'm waiting for an XM-6. I think I've made up my mind, I'm going for X as I had a little hexa earlier this year in that config, and it was really cool.

Efliernz

Pete
Just the VM-6. Sunnysky 120g 710Kv motors.

I built my own hexa last year with 6 x 70g RcTimers... as shown below. It was awesome to fly. The kit might turn up and I'll change my mind! An X hexa will sort of be like flying my octo I suppose...

I will need to look at my HFP FC choices

Pete

Attachments

• P1070951.jpg
    P1070951.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Z10.jpg
    Z10.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 281

nicwilke

Just the VM-6. Sunnysky 120g 710Kv motors.

I built my own hexa last year with 6 x 70g RcTimers... as shown below. It was awesome to fly. The kit might turn up and I'll change my mind! An X hexa will sort of be like flying my octo I suppose...

I will need to look at my HFP FC choices

Pete

I think I'll be waiting another 2/3 weeks for mine. I'll run it with a ZeroTech YS-X6 FC, since that has been awesomely solid on 3 of my builds now.

Efliernz

Pete
I have two HFP in the quad and octo. I've had them both up in 25mph. Happy so far.

I haven't been given a date yet. With the wind we are having, they are not too busy flying - that is for sure. I'm flying passed their factory tomorrow on a full-size shoot. I could "drop" them a reminder ;)

I know the VM is new. It will be ready when it is...

Pete