opto VS non- opto ESC ??

nealj4

Hi Everyone, I am using the DJI 30 amp Opto esc on a Tarot 680 with stock motors (4006/ 620 ) and I need to replace a few ESCs( hex took a swim) 2 were smoking after drying for two 2 days in rice. The others worked fine . Should I just replace them all? I have read that the motors should be problem free after drying being brushless.. anyone disagree?? Anyway I like the DJI units as no calibration is required or flashing but they are a little hard to find in my area and usually out of stock. Is any OPTO esc calibration free?? Or just the DJI ones?? Suggestions for a direct replacement that is more readily available would be great.

nealj4

Well I went ahead and purchased non opto ESCs. I am now having the problems I feared. With one esc servo lead plugged into my throttle channel on Spektrum AR8000, Upon power up the esc just beeps every 2 secs. continually. The instructions indicate that the "throttle signal is irregular" I have adjusted the throttle range on transmitter, played with the trim and sub trim, Re-bound the receiver. All 6 do the same thing. Help Anyone.??