One of my lipos died

Went to charge up some revolectrix 9000mah 6s battery for my sky jib after not flying for 7 months. And the first battery I try is down to 19.8v and one of the cells has died while in storage, on storage charge.
The battery isn't the slightest bit puffed, I've had probably 40 cycles through it.

Any ideas why this could have happened? and what I can do to stop it happening again.

dark_star

Ryan, it's possible you did nothing wrong. Keeping them at a storage voltage when not in active use is important. And keeping them in a cool, dry place also helps. But even with those conditions I've had LiPo's go bad on me over the years with the best of care. Some packs (even between the same make/model/batch) last a long time and give very reliable service and others go bad before you would expect seemingly for no reason. Have seen it a few times over the years. As long as you are not abusing them then don't worry about it too much and chalk it up to a part of the business. A good charger and/or analyzer is very helpful also because by monitoring IR and cell voltage differences you can tell at a glance what the true health of the pack is.