OnagoFly rtf quad....scam?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
you guys might not have noticed but the site has been getting a lot of spammy posts promoting the onagofly indiegogo crowdfunding project. you might also have seen ads around the internet as they're everywhere!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/onagofly-the-smart-nano-drone--2#/

i looked at the claims they're using to promote the project but it looks impossible to achieve and why would they be relentlessly spamming the site if it's such a legitimate project? around the internet it's being pointed out that the video used on youtube look to be from a heli with a gimbal where the onagofly has no gimbal.

it's being compared to the Zano drone that raised a lot of money on Kickstarter but then went bust.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35356147

buyer beware, they're hitting this site and others pretty heavily along with a big Facebook campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Yeah, those claims are impossible.

15 minutes? BS.

Outdoor IR collision avoidance? Not possible.

That video definitely doesn't come from that aircraft.

Does Indiegogo have a report button? I read the big Zano drone investigative reporting that came out this morning, and in it, KS tried to avoid responsibility by saying that they can't know these technologies, and only one person pressed the Report button before the project closed.

Bartman

just deleted two more spammy posts about this project which brings the total for this week up to about ten. if it was any good they wouldn't be rampantly spamming legitimate sites.

Bartman

These people are still spamming the site. I'd highly recommend NOT becoming an investor in the Onagofly project in case anyone is considering it.

Spinball

We've had lots of onagofly spam at AVForums, too. Mostly from Eastern Europe. Just add them to your spam word box.
admin.php -> home -> Options -> Spam Management -> Spam Phrases. Add *onagofly*.
And when it pops up in the moderation queue, just spam clean them.

Bartman

i could but then this thread couldn't be here to let people know to stay away

Spinball

i could but then this thread couldn't be here to let people know to stay away
Their goal is to put the onagofly url in the posts so they could only sidestep it by avoiding putting in the link, and they are unlikely to be reading this, but fair enough.