Offsetting front arm on an octo to keep it out of camera view

rcmike

Hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone on here has tried raising the front arm to keep it out of the cameras view? I have seen pictures of a Flexocopter that was made this way. I have a Tarot Iron Man with a Cinextar 2 axis gimbal and it sits pretty low. I was thinking of maybe using a couple of 90 degree clamps like are used on the Cinestar gimbal and some short carbon tubes to lift the arm a few inches. What would it do to flight performance?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Pretty much anything like that should work fine I think, we use offset arms on TBS Discovery's and they work fine. I am using a Naza and it seems that most have a little more gain on the pitch setting than on the roll, 10 difference seems popular.

There is also some H frame hex's around that fly well, your controller will make allowances for differences in motors and props and offsets.

Pete

rcmike

Cool! That is exactly what I'm thinking of doing. I haven't gotten around to it yet though for one reason or another. Does anyone know of a place to get 90 degree clamps for 25mm booms that aren't ridiculously expensive?