Northern New Yorker here

Adrock

Hello from the frozen tundra that is the Adirondacks. Me and one other person decided to go in and buy a multi rotor to catch some of the beauty of our surroundings. We purchased an ARF Tarot t810 from Fox Tech. So far we are pretty happy minus being sent a 4500 mAh LiPo battery instead of the advertised 9000 mAh. We have had some minor issues in the beginning but we extended our skid base to ease the learning curve. I look forward to following people in their builds and their adventure into the Multi Rotor world. I'm also hoping to learn from others and hopefully, in time, be able to help people.

Pumpkinguy

Welcome. I like your style. You don't mess around. Go big or go home :)
You mention batteries. Consider using 2 in parallel. This adds redundancy and allows you to have the gps centered while having the aircraft balanced. Maybe use 2 x 4500 or 2 x 6000. Just a thought.
Post some pics or vid of your landscape.
I'd love to see it. I suspect it's similar to our Laurentian Mountains in Quebec.

Pumpkinguy

If you decide to use dual batteries then yes, use 6s.
Maybe fly a bit first with what you have and then make a decision based on whether or not you are happy with air time.

DerekJ

Hello from the frozen tundra that is the Adirondacks. Me and one other person decided to go in and buy a multi rotor to catch some of the beauty of our surroundings. We purchased an ARF Tarot t810 from Fox Tech. So far we are pretty happy minus being sent a 4500 mAh LiPo battery instead of the advertised 9000 mAh. We have had some minor issues in the beginning but we extended our skid base to ease the learning curve. I look forward to following people in their builds and their adventure into the Multi Rotor world. I'm also hoping to learn from others and hopefully, in time, be able to help people.

Hi Adrock.....nice setup you have there. Where are you in the Adirondacks? I'm in the Saratoga region. I've been thinking of setting up a multirotor group, possibly through Meetup if there are enough pilots with interest around. No need to fly alone when we can flock.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk