next build

what racing class would you like to see?

• 200-250mm Quadcopter

• 250-300mm Quadcopter

• 250-350mm Hexacopter

• Unlimited

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mattmesa

Looking for information,

I want a flight controller that can have all of the bells and whistles either included or attached, return to home and active firmware updates.

Secondly, an OSD that will show Gps, altitude and voltage.

Lastly, I am looking for lower budget but reliable, durable and still fun.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Old Man

I'm not voting in the poll because the first three are on the small side for me and would not make great use of some of the features you mentioned. What do you ant to do with the craft and how large influence what FC would work. If limiting to a Hex and no need to fly waypoints but having GPS the Eagle Tree Vector would be a good candidate. Updates, GPS, a user defined OSD with all you asked and more, easy to set up, relatively inexpensive are all strong features. It also has a couple of manufacturer sponsored support threads in another forum.

If you desire maximum versatility, have the ability to read and learn, and are willing to incorporate some accessories that would require a little more user effort than just a plugging into a dedicated port then Pixhawk goes way over the top. The MimimOSD generally used with it functions well and provides all you asked for but it's not as "flashy" as the one in the Vector. Also relatively inexpensive, open sourced with the software, and once the company move settles down should return to good customer service practices.

DJI also make several FC's that would suit your desires but customer service sucks and some of the stuff gets pretty expensive and limits you to using only their products to expand. Reliability is a feature I won't comment on other than to say "mostly".

Mikrocopter is another good one but I don''t have any personal experience with them to make what I consider a qualified call.

If building for a racing quad a lot of what you asked for is superfluous. You won't get far enough away to make a lot of use of the GPS, won't need a lot of firmware updates if the system is already fairly stable. You can add a good OSD to the board controllers at a fairly reasonable cost and minimum effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattmesa

I'm not voting in the poll because the first three are on the small side for me and would not make great use of some of the features you mentioned. What do you ant to do with the craft and how large influence what FC would work. If limiting to a Hex and no need to fly waypoints but having GPS the Eagle Tree Vector would be a good candidate. Updates, GPS, a user defined OSD with all you asked and more, easy to set up, relatively inexpensive all all strong features. It also has a couple of manufacturer sponsored support threads in another forum.

If you desire maximum versatility, have the ability to read and learn, and are willing to incorporate some accessories that would require a little more user effort than a plugging into a dedicated port then Pixhawk goes way over the top. The MimimOSD generally used with it functions well and provides all you asked for but it's not as "flashy" as the one in the Vector.. Also relatively inexpensive, open sourced with the software, and once the company move settles down should return to good customer service practices.

DJI also make several FC's that would suit your desires but customer service sucks and some of the stuff gets pretty expensive and limits you to using only their products to expand. Reliability is a feature I won't comment on other than to say "mostly".

Mikrocopter is another good one but I don''t have any personal experience with them to make what I consider a qualified call.

If building for a racing quad a lot of what you asked for is superfluous. You won't get far enough away to make a lot of use of the GPS, won't need a lot of firmware updates if the system is already fairly stable. You can add a good OSD to the board controllers at a fairly reasonable cost and minimum effort.

Thank you for your info, size wise I am not looking to big and the poll was just a question for fun. Thanks again I will look at the vector.