Nex-5N and X-Cam X140 gimbal (my first videos)

kjetilpa

This is my second and third video recorded with a Sony Nex-5N and a brand new X-Cam X140BS gimbal. With training and some adjustments I think this will fun doing. This is a Tarot T960 hexacopter.

Early in the morning with a lot of fog

In the afternoon above a lake

Last edited by a moderator:

Des

Hey kjetilpa, I've been thinking of the X140 gimbal. I notice the vids are no longer linked. Any chance you can repost them. I'd love to hear what you think of the X140. What flight controller are you using it with?
Love to hear from you.

dazzab

I modified a X140B to work with a Sony NEX 6 (well actually Bluerex did the mod for me). It worked great for a year or so and I really loved it. Then for whatever reason it refused to calibrate the horizon and would always sit at an angle of about 20 degrees. The X-Cam staff were fantastic and even did Skype sessions with me to try and figure it out. In the end I gave up and replaced the controller with a HobbyKing 8 bit Alexmos board. It works fine now but I should have gone with the 32 bit Alexmos or asked X-Cam for a replacement. The gimbal is rock solid and really well made. I think it's great value.