Aeronavics / Droidworx Newbie owner

So I picked up a AD-8 HL. It has a photo higher 100. I see the rods split like some talk about. Where do I go to get new rods and then the ends the compress on the ends of the gimble. mikrocopter us does not carry gimble parts and I google search and cannot find photohigher URL.

Looking for some who have a camera with HDMI micro and have to get to full size HDMI for the converter what they used. I have a alpha 6000 going to use.

I wondered anything else I might do with this ship being new that I might want to know or do. MK setup with 12x3.8

Thanks

-Cody

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
No comments at all at 153 views..wow. Hopefully being new I didnt offend anyone?? Is this forum dead with help?

Hey Cody.

I don't think you offended as much as possibly worried people :). The craft you just purchased, as a beginner, is pretty serious. Maybe you have experience flying smaller, practice MRs?

Also, you don't mention your location (can be general area) in your profile, so suggesting dealers is tough. I know that their product is readily available in Europe (and Australia of course), but it might be best to contact the company directly for retailer recommendations where you are.

There is a multikopter forum here. You might find some details about what to looks out for. They are know to be great FCs, but with a learning curve. So be prepared to dig into the research!

Haha.

yea well the whole story is I had about 150 flights on my quav540g and did a couple jobs this year, but really lacked a decent quality still pic with a go pro 3+ it doesn't cut the mustard. It doesn't like low light and in bright days I had to use a filter on the camera to keep the washout to a minimum. Otherwise the Zen on it produced some amazing video that would be hard to beat on any platform for smoothness.

I'll fill in the location in the United States, South Dakota. I know Ziggy has been gone on some buisness, but I am on a new ship and it seems no one at the helm?

I did learn a little from several people and am down to a couple items left:

I purchased an alpha6000 with my partner who also bought one. He bought a Snapper, and I bought a Gentles controller. He spent 90 some. I spent like 160. I found that the MK does not have a analog out aka. Aux2, aux3 port to make the analog work on the zoom like I had hoped. I found two options one is a duel shooter, and the other is single shooter with another RX on the bottom to bind to. This will transmit the analog yellow wire position over for the camera. Discret I/o on the Gentles will give you a zoom to the end one way or another, but will give you zoom. Any other ideas in this thought process? I did contact MK.us and MK.de Us is Mia, and DE no response...none...worries me...since they portray advertising using zoom. Maybe they use a lanc controller, but a sony camera cannot use this. Its not on Wiki either.

Secondly I find that powering the converter for the camera from digital to analog through the same power that the gimble use using is a bad idea. When setup on the bench I find that it works great. Up and down no problem. If I pick up the octo and move it around as though its flying in wind the FPV goes black and re-boots on the camera. Not a great thing in the air and especially over water like Falls park in sioux falls I shot. I pulled the camera and wiggled every wire for loosnes. Then I found giving the pitch servo alone pulled the current of the Recon's over the edge. After talking with the guy I bought it from said the recons where not for a lot of current. I looked up the converter spec and it was 200ma. So the head room in the electrical system and these particular servos (savox) seems to be right at the near max. Short term power through battery and use a regulator to 5vdc. Long term I purchased a gimble. That would have been a question for a couple days ago. Thought I would share.

So right now I am looking for a 90 degree USB micro. I think I found one after a couple google searches.

Still looking for the Rods on the landing gear. Anyone?

More than anything I want support. I think as a customer we are entitled to it and a representative that does this. Having a Logo600 vbar I enjoyed the German engineering with Readyheli's support when I flew them. Call and boom parts arrive. While this mentality may be a pipe dream I would expect a figurehead that does not lead one to go on mass google searches for parts and support.

Thanks.

-Cody

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Well, after this last post I think I might be even more lost. So you're a newbie with 150 flights? :)Anyway, couldn't understand exact what you're looking for other than the booms - so I would contact the manufacturer HERE.

they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Does the sony not power through the HDMI port to the converter? It does on my sony nex5.

who are you looking to get service from? Which product???

Last edited by a moderator:

:)

I have flown a while, but consider to be a Newbie in Octo/ Mikrokopter world. So I play that card since its true. In the quad world with a DJI I had more experience is all.

I could use:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/hdmi-to-av-convert-board-for-sony-nex-5n-w-15cm-cable.html

Or

another
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141211831457?lpid=82

BUT with a A6000 the Micro HDMI port, and the Micro Usb port are on the left side of the camera as you look from behind as they are right next to each other...as well as the 130 gimble does not leave room unless you 90 out. So that is why I went to

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aerial-FP...037?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4181ff203d

If you know of a better converter for this application I will use it.

so just looking for Rods right now and I will try your link.

-Thanks

-Cody

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The first one you linked looks like the one I have. I bought it used - but it looks like mine was possibly modified to be a right angle.

Or check out the type in your second link from a reputable seller HERE.

Flew today

Got out and flew today. Very solid ship. Pretty happy with it. 5vdc regulator went bad with the Radio shack regulator I soldered up. It took out the Digital to analog converter. Why is China the only place in the world to get a converter..lol. Seems impossible to get one in the US that will work with the A6000 with the two ports next to each other on the camera.

-Cody