New Zenmuse coming?

srbell

I was just deciding between the Cinestar or Zenmuse, but heard about a new larger Zenmuse. Is there any truth to it?

3dheliguy

Well if its coming its more money than I will ever have lol. Hope so... I love the Zenmuse such a great Gimbal. Now if there were a way to adjust motors for different weight lenses that would be great.

srbell

Are you referring to the Halo "Hero" gimbals? I think they're going to be pretty expensive, like double the price of a Zenmuse. I need a crystal ball right about now lol!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
srbell if you remember the pictures from some fairs, there were gimbals around with fs100 on them from DJI etc. And another test videos were seen in the forums with reds on them. So i am pretty sure that we will see something in that league pretty soon. At the same time a Gopro gimbal was seen, necessary is a different question.

They will probably act upon the GH3 in which form we don't know. Hopefully some adapters/mods and not a completely new gimbal.

I don't think thought that they will start with gimbals that can be adapted for different cameras and lenses. Think they will stick to their out of the box working approach.

Boris

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
The big Zenmuse has been around for awhile. It was used on our now discontinued VarioCam Heli we designed and built ( they modded it of course for the heavy front mount. Its VERY expensive and VERY much a Custom Order.

The deal here is your not going to carry a big camera on a Zenmuse or even a DD gimbal with a Multi rotor that well. It will have to be a heavy lift Octo no matter what and your flight times are going to be 4-8mins. Helis are much better suited for these size mounts. Hence the reason we have the new ZenHeliCam (Based on the Heneselit TDR) coming 1 st qtr of 2013. It will carry the Z15 size with 700mm or the big gimbals as a 80mm +.

Sorry for the rant, been busy as of late and not on the forums as much as I like to. :)