New WKM firmware available

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Just posted on the DJI site, includes the following updates...

1:A new throttle starting mode – Arm mode has been added in order to provide more flexible control of motor,details pls refer to Manual.
2:A new parameter “disturbed gain” has been added in Autopilot page to optimize throttle starting operation.
3:Latest version checking function has been added in PC configuration software.

Ken

rwilabee

What is the best way to update the firmware so you don't lose all your other parameters.

Thanks
Rich

Just posted on the DJI site, includes the following updates...

1:A new throttle starting mode – Arm mode has been added in order to provide more flexible control of motor,details pls refer to Manual.
2:A new parameter “disturbed gain” has been added in Autopilot page to optimize throttle starting operation.
3:Latest version checking function has been added in PC configuration software.

Ken

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
What it attitude smoothern ? A seperate variable that can be tweaked, only see it mentioned in the manual but no config section ?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
What is the best way to update the firmware so you don't lose all your other parameters.

Thanks
Rich

There is currently no way to do that other than take screen shots or write down all of the settings so you can re-enter them. Some firmware updates wiped the settings in the controller, others haven't, you don't know which will happen so make sure to capture them one way or another.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
What it attitude smoothern ? A seperate variable that can be tweaked, only see it mentioned in the manual but no config section ?

Good question, it's not called that in the software, it's labeled "Disturbed Gain" under Advanced settings. It doesn't say much in the manual other than use that parameter if you can't find the right basic gain settings and do not use this setting without payload. Would have been nice if they at least used the same label in the manual and in the software, I'd bet money there's going to be a lot of folks confused by this one!

Ken

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
They should in general clear up all the advanced settings what they do. If they are for internal testing than blank them out, confuses and make me angry that there still is no explanation out !

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
They should in general clear up all the advanced settings what they do. If they are for internal testing than blank them out, confuses and make me angry that there still is no explanation out !

A while back I requested they add a section in the manual to explain how the gain settings work and what changes to each one do to the way the multi flys, similar to the section they added on how to create a mixer table. I think the explanation of the gains would be much more useful to the majority of users than how to create a custom mixer table that is only useful to a small number of users.

Maybe they'll get to it eventually, maybe not. In the meantime I'll spend a day at the field with one of the WKM and my netbook making changes to one setting at a time and then test flying to see what happens, about the only way I know of to figure it out. On the bright side, at least there aren't nearly as many settings that can be changed as there are for an MikroKopter, it will take a lot less time to try them all! :highly_amused:

Ken

rwilabee

Does that mean you also have to recalibrate your transmitter.

There is currently no way to do that other than take screen shots or write down all of the settings so you can re-enter them. Some firmware updates wiped the settings in the controller, others haven't, you don't know which will happen so make sure to capture them one way or another.

Ken

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
rwilabee, normally you dont have to recalibrate it. Just check that everything i working like usual in the TX config screen.

Sliders for the sticks and the flight modes.

rwilabee

I just updated mine and it kept everything. I didn't have to put anything back in and the transmitter was still calibrated.

Thanks
Rich

rwilabee, normally you dont have to recalibrate it. Just check that everything i working like usual in the TX config screen.

Sliders for the sticks and the flight modes.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
rwilabee, in my eyes its not a constant. Sometimes the configs are kept and sometimes not. Always go sure and read out the config on every config page and write it once even if it hasnt changed.

Last edited by a moderator: