New NZ online store

jamienz

Buggar, I was so happy when I saw there finally was a shop with Multi Rotor stuff here in New Zealand - Until i was reading the rest of the thread :(

haha took the words out of my mouth.

There are already enough retailers in NZ that are full of misinformation and bad advice (and usually out of date, over priced products). We should start a support group!

Klaus

Hi Kiwi's :)

So what are you guys doing when you are buying things for your Multi Rotors, buying from overseas?
I haven't managed to find any dealers here in NZ.

Efliernz

Pete
I get my batteries from Hobbyking (for multiples) or Hobbyhangar or "Mrpositive" for singles.
R/C gear - one-offs from Hobbyhangar. Any volume or expensive part - usually Hobbyking, Towerhobbies (USA). The local shops do charge a premium for the convenience.
Frame parts... I build my own. I'm the classic diy builder (20 scratch-builds in 3 years) + 1 x Droidworx. Ply and fibreglass from Frankton Models, pine copter arms from Bunnings. Some parts from Quadframe.com like carbon tube and full frames.
Carbon plate, esc's - Hobbyking.
Motors - Foxtech for Sunnyskys + T-motor
FPV stuff ReadymadeRC
Some misc parts from Multiwiicopter in Aussie.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Looks like you use the same suppliers as me.

Its hard to find stores in NZ that have stock of parts required to build DIY.

I have also had good experiences with RC timer as long as you don't mind having any tracking until it arrives at the back door.

Keep up the good work Bart...

Cheers Dave

i don't expect special treatment but i do reserve the right to scrutinize posts that invite people offsite, especially for retail transactions. when the site has logos stolen from legitimate manufacturers and links of dubious credibility then I also reserve the right to call you out on it. lots of people post here and i look at most of the links which usually check out.

are you even licensed to have logos on your site from DJI and Spektrum just to name a few?

recommending i take my meds didn't do anything to help your credibility, fwiw.

Bart, I had a good think about this last night and, my post was out of line,

So I would like to apologize and really hope that you can forgive.

Having said that, I will add that I did find your original post rather offensive, especially the way in which it was put. I am not a regular poster here at mulltirotorforums, and being banned doesn't exactly worry me (not the reason for apology is what im saying), simply saying that maybe I jumped into a reply a little hot. So again, my apologies, my fault!

I would also like to add, that I will continue to TRY and make this online store function, however I could not really ever see it working from day 1 due to the stock related issues. I set it up purely to see what would come of it, with no high hopes of anything. Just trying to earn some coin to fund the hobby at which I am deeply interested in.

I have a few dealers on board, GetFPV and DragonLink, its not much but its a start. As for anyone not interested, im sorry to hear that but im sure there is still high demand for this gear in NZ.

Again, my sincere apologies.

Cant we all just get along? :S.....Im in the electronic retail industry...aka gadgets and yeah there are alot of people here in Auckland that want to get up and about and fly a camera around.....if only there was a clear path in getting your 'wings' via the CAA...fingers crossed it gets clearer this year!

I too like most of us here in NZ...buy all the toys online!...and sometimes resell on TM for a huge markup :)