g60jet

Hi everyone, I'm Nige, and am looking at buying a DJI F550 with a view to doing some Aerial Photography a bit down the line (im not going to run before i can walk)

I come from a background in Video and Photography from Motorsport and have been into RC Models on and off since my early teens with Plains and Power Boats.

Please dont all gang up on me and say not another one.

I can frame a photo and a video on the ground, but can i do it in the air only time will tell.

i've been doing some reasearch and going to start as hobby level, just getting used to multi rotar over fixed wing, and build up some stock images.

I think the F550 looks a great set up, what are the forums views?

I am aware that i need a EuroUSC/Bnuc CAA approved license and am willing to pay for that down the line at the point when I feel I can cross from a-b.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi Nige!

Welcome to the forum! Woohoo, another one! The more the merrier, there's plenty of airspace for us all :tennis:.

The F550 is a good place to start. It was my first one and I still have it. For a decent spec camera you'll need to go a bit bigger, but start small and practise the basics, then when you have an idea of what it entails get a bigger rig and start making money.

There are no stupid questions here. Except maybe fashion related questions. Wear disposable underwear to start with. Okay, I just gave fashion advice and proved myself wrong. All questions welcome it seems...:tennis:

John

I to am new to this hobby and bought a f550 pre assembled and am liking it the few times i have had it out. Bad weather here lately. One thing I can see all ready is some would say short fly time. So buy extra batteries. I'm getting around 8 min.. Mine is caring a H3-2D and go pro. But when you think about it 8 min.s is a lot of recording. Have fun John

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi John!

8 minutes sounds right to me. Just plan your shots. Who makes 8 minute videos anyway?! The best ones are around the 2-3 minutes mark.

Bens m'name, but I use Benjamin on the forum as people think Ben Kenobi is a fake name for some reason....

g60jet

Got my flame wheel at the weekend, just got to start the build now, still waiting for the radio and Batteries, but it's a start.