New Lithium Battery Triples Capacity and Charges Fully in Just Ten Minutes

When I saw the news, I was shocked by the headline. Just 10 minutes, new lithium battery triples capacity and charges can be fully charged. As far as I am concerned, it will take at least 3 hours to charge your phone, the same with car, and other rc models and so on. Even today, we're barely even able to keep out phones alive through the evening commute. But a radical departure in Lithium ion battery technology could help keep our power-hungry gadgets online for days, not hours.

Conventional Lithium ion batteries, the rechargeable cells what power everything from phones to Priuses, generate current by shuttling positive lithium ions between microscopically thin sheets of carbon graphite located at each electrode. But as these sheets age, their capacity and discharge performance degrades. This is especially true in the new generation of lithium-silicon cells (silicon replacing toxic cobalt as the battery's anode)—the mechanical stress of accepting and discharging electrons causes these silicon sheets to crack over time.

Researchers at the University of Southern California have therefore done away with silicon sheets entirely. According to a study published in the journal Nano Research reports, a team headed by Viterbi School of Engineering professor Chongwu Zhou instead uses fields of porous silicon nano-tubes to shuffle electrons without wearing down and without losing capacity. What's more, the team's provisional patent indicates that this new battery structure could hit the market in just two to three years.

Therefore, and also many new generation of inexpensively-produced, environmentally-friendly, and long-lasting power sources will be born at the right moment, only a matter of time.
f2995f134f0c292cf3ab830c27cc181f.jpg

Been hearing this story (lithium battery breakthrough right around the corner) for years now. Honestly, I'll believe it when I see it. BTW, interesting photo you posted here. You are beyond brave to charge that many 6S battery packs at the same time...in your house!

Mactadpole

Been hearing this story (lithium battery breakthrough right around the corner) for years now. Honestly, I'll believe it when I see it. BTW, interesting photo you posted here. You are beyond brave to charge that many 6S battery packs at the same time...in your house!

That looks like a hotel room. Even safer.

Old Man

All that aside, the Tattu brand of batteries is one of the best you can use. I've got a bunch of them and they are on a par with Max Amps products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk