New here and New to Drones

Garrett

Hello,

I am new to the drone world and looking for a drone specifically for fun. I am looking for suggestions on what to buy. That being said I am intrigued with those who build their own and would entertain the idea if I don't find an affordable option that fits my desires. I obviously wouldn't mind taking advantage of a Black Friday sale if the appropriate one is available. My budget is around $200-$300. Here are some features that I would like to have:

HD camera
Return to home
300 meters of distance

What are the benefits of having Bluetooth and or wifi?

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
That price is is tough, unless it's a toy. To get a decent setup that you can use to take pics or video - $500-$1000.
Bluetooth is not used only in toys, it can only go about 300 feet. Most is 2.4Ghz for control and 5.8 for video both can go for miles.

Trevcharl

Hello,

I am new to the drone world and looking for a drone specifically for fun. I am looking for suggestions on what to buy. That being said I am intrigued with those who build their own and would entertain the idea if I don't find an affordable option that fits my desires. I obviously wouldn't mind taking advantage of a Black Friday sale if the appropriate one is available. My budget is around $200-$300. Here are some features that I would like to have:

HD camera
Return to home
300 meters of distance

What are the benefits of having Bluetooth and or wifi?
I have seen quite a few quad copters in that price range. I would suggest you get a proper transmitter/controller, with whatever you buy. Wifi has a limited range, and if you use your cell phone as a controller, you wont be able to fly far. Besides you could add a wifi camera. The frequencies for a controller are around 2.4gigs, the fpv camera 5.8gigs, both more or less the same distance. Specs are given for the Ready To Fly units, there you will see the time it can stay in the air. (That was mainly my concern) but you could trade that for some othere features that seem more pertinent. Goto Banggood.com or Gearbest.com, they give the specs of the quadcopters they sell. If you see something you like, google that, and you will see a lot of impressions people have of that unit.